PDA

View Full Version : Transportation Issues???

Maryutigger1
06-25-2010, 10:56 PM
:confused: Hi e1. Just got back from DW last night around 8pm....Stayed at "Old Key West Resort" (6/21-6/24/10)...The weather was HOT,HOT,HOT~~LOVED it!! :cloud9: Ok, the reason for this post. Has anyone else had any issues w/the transportation??? Not only were the busses terrible, but the boats as well! We had to wait a total of 42minutes @ The Beach Club going back to Downtown Disney!!! Then, when the 1st bus DID show up, it was full~~driver told us there was another bus 2 minutes behind his...NOT:mad:
After waiting another 25minutes A BUS!!!

Then, trying to get a boat ride from DTD to OKW~~was ANOTHER issue in itself. I SEEM to remember a direct boat trip from OKW STRAIGHT to DTD Marketplace...NOT ANY MORE!!!! NOW they take you to Pleasure Island and getting to MP is a bit of a hike (especially in the heat)....OH, then we overheard the " Captain" telling another couple "You HAVE to get off at Marketplace because you're only ALLOWED one round trip ride????"
What's up w/that? When we were there last February, my son and I rode the boat "around" more than once and were NEVER told that...

Aside from this little "gripe":secret: our trip was WONDERFUL!!!!

Going again 10/17~~10/22/2010
113 days to go!!!

Have a GREAT night and a WONDERFUL weekend everyone....

Live,Love,Laugh~~
Maryutigger:thumbsup:

KylesMom
06-25-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm truly sorry that you had such a problem with transportation. There seems to be a lot of "hit and miss" lately with a good many locations - not just OKW.

Other than the transportation issues, I'm glad you had a great trip.

I agree - it's on our wall surrounded by Disney pictures . . . Live, Love, Laugh! :mickey:

wickedgin
06-26-2010, 04:45 AM
We had not-so-good experiences with the WDW transportation on our trip (6/11/10-6/19/10) as well. The boat from POR to DTD took an eternity, we had troubles with water taxis both at DTD and Epcot, and when our daughter was picked to be made up in the front window of the BBB, I called my husband (who had stayed at POR with our sons) and they went right down to catch a bus... when the FGMIT was finishing up, I texted him and he was still waiting for the bus. :( Luckily, they were all fairly minor issues, but still a bummer. I had hoped to rely on WDW transportation for future trips but my husband says he'll never do it without a car of our own.

I'm glad the rest of your trip was enjoyable, though! We had a great time, too, in spite of those hiccups! :mickey:

faline
06-26-2010, 06:22 PM
Overall, we've found Disney transportation to be quite reliable though we've experienced a hiccup or two along the way as well. One tends to remember the negative while barely noticing all the times it works well.

buzznwoodysmom
06-26-2010, 08:17 PM
We were at CBR from June 7-14 and had horrible bus service all week, both going to and returning from the parks. We never got a bus without waiting at least 30 minutes, and many, many times it was more like 45 minutes. We heard tons of people complaining throughout the week so it wasn't just us. And my SIL was staying at POR with her family and they said the boat transportation wasn't great there. We stayed at CBR last June and had great bus service so I guess you just never know.

i'm grumpy
06-27-2010, 08:33 PM
We went last month and they were not at all prepared for EMH.

Gusgus
06-28-2010, 12:45 PM
I have found the transportation getting to and from DTD from just about anywhere to be not so good. Once on the boat from PO to DTD the captain said you should only take the boat if you have a lot of time and want to enjoy the boat ride. If you want to get their quick you should take the bus.

With the exceptions of hiccups and they seem to happen at least once a trip, the transportation has been good for us.

Gusgus

nicjohn3
06-29-2010, 11:10 PM
We stayed at POR 6/16 thru 6/22 and had NO problems with buses or boats. We did not have to wait longer than 10-15 minutes for either. I did notice that they were training people on the boats many of the days. Never had to stand once the whole trip! Kept 8 and 6 year olds on our laps a few times for the respect of others (which some people do not have), but they are pretty light and don't mind doing so. I dont mind waiting/standing as long as others are respectful and wait THEIR turn.

Boats were stopped a few times through the week due to lightening, but cant blame Disney for that. Sorry..I dont want to be out on them during a storm.

Stayed at CSR back in 2008 and had trouble with buses--too many people and very few buses.

Hope it did not ruin your trip too much.