PDA

View Full Version : Loews hotel VS. off property

crazypoohbear
06-24-2010, 12:22 PM
We are going to Universal in august.
We are looking for a hotel for the night of august 10th only.
Does anyone know how crowded Universal is at this time.
There are two hotels that I have been looking at
1 )Rosen Creek on Univeral BLVD.
price is 129.00 plus parking $12.00 at hotel. plus parking at universal the next day $14.00.
Total cost at Rosen Creek would be.
$ 155.00

2) Loews royal pacific on property.
cost is $211.65 plus parking $15.00
We could take the boat to city walk and enter the parks that way so we would not have to pay the $14.00 parking at the studios.
Total cost at Loews would be
$226.65
My main question is would it be worth paying the extra $71.00 for the front of the line pass and the location.
As I said we would only be at the hotel for one night (after driving straight through from MASS)
Also, if anyone has stayed at either of these hotels I would love to get some feed back.
It would be 2 teen boys and 2 adult sisters traveling.

clausjo
06-24-2010, 02:38 PM
We stayed at the Royal Pacific and loved it! It was absolutely beautiful and felt like we were on a pacific island vacation. I'm not sure how crowded Universal is in August, but I would assume it would be similar to Disney. Plus with the Harry Potter park I would imagine that Islands of Adventure will be more crowded than normal. Having the front of the line pass may come in handy if it's really crowded. Also, it will so hot in August that you may find that you're using the front of the line pass more just to get out of the heat!

Either way, enjoy your trip!

clm10308
06-24-2010, 07:50 PM
We stayed at the Royal Pacific for 4 nights earlier this month and really like it.

We used the boat some, but the hotel is maybe 5 minute walk to City Walk and and then another minute or 2 to IOA. It was quicker to walk than wait for the boat, and from where the boat drops you off in City Walk it is still a couple of minutes walk to the parks.

Kenny1113
06-24-2010, 08:51 PM
The royal pacific is really nice. Yes, august is crowded. I think it is worth it for the $71. A couple of years ago in august we stayed there, we were able to do both parks riding most of the rides and go to the hotel a couple of times in the middle of the day, in one day! All because of the line pass, the regular lines were long! We felt bad for the people in line melting from the heat!

Have fun whatever you decide! :)

NJGIRL
06-25-2010, 07:17 AM
Loews is my favorite hotel chain with the Omni a close second. I think for an extra $71 and front of the line access it's worth it.

Disney OB RN
06-25-2010, 10:37 PM
I would absolutely say it is worth it, having stayed at the Royal Pacific last month for two nights and spending two days at the Universal parks. The passes are the only way to go!!! The hotel stay was top-notch!

crazypoohbear
06-30-2010, 11:08 PM
Thanks for all the feedback.
I have a couple of more questions for you all.
How far away is the Hard rock from this hotel?
Do you still have pool hoping at Universal?
How many pools does Royal pacific have?
Where is the cheapest place to eat here?
Can we leave our car there for the day on check out day?
We will be checking out on the 11th, but want to spend the day at Universal. I don't want to pay to park at the hotel, then pay to park at the park.

NJGIRL
07-01-2010, 08:08 AM
I can answer the car parking question since I just called the Hard Rock Hotel last week and ask them the same question. If the RP has the same procedure, which I would think they do.....I was told on the day of check out you can leave your car parked at the hotel until closing time of City Walk. You can not leave it over night, which I'm not sure why anyone would do that anyway.

NJGIRL
07-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Looking at their website it only lists one pool. It says it's a lagoon pool with a sandy beach. It lists 2 hot tubs and an interactive water play area for kids.