PDA

View Full Version : Hope this makes sense.

Mitzie
06-24-2010, 08:07 AM
I have a friend traveling during free dining in Sept. Right now she has her reservation at ASSports for the week. Was wanting to surprise DH with the last three nights at AKL. When she called to do this, by splitting up park tickets, it went up quiet a bit. Through someone who works at Disney, she can get just the room at AKL at a reduced price. Can she just keep the room at All Stars for the week so she still has her food credits with the dining plan and her park tickets, but not sleep in it the last three nights...I don't think this is cheating the system, if so a thousand apologies. She is paying everything she is supposed to

VWL Mom
06-24-2010, 08:47 AM
After checkin at ASSports, she could go to guest relations at the park and add days to cover her whole trip. She could then use the discount at AKL at the reduced rate from her friend. She would have to pay for meals but that would offset the cost of paying for hotel nights at ASSports which she would not be using.

Mitzie
06-24-2010, 09:43 AM
Someone correct me if we are wrong. Paying for her food for a family of 4 for those 3 days would be more than the nights stay at ASSports. She has 7 days of park tickets on the ASS reservation, and if she added tickets to the AKL stay (so she can get free dining with that part of her stay), she has to pay for the base ticket all over again this adding up $$$.

PopPhan
06-24-2010, 10:00 AM
So, what you are saying is that your friend:

1) Has a 6 (7?) night ASSp reservation with the QSDP (upgraded to Std DDP?) and 7 day MYW tickets

2) Wants to add a 3 night AKL Room-Only reservation overlapping the last 3 nights of the ASSp reservation

That should not be a problem, as the AKL reservation would be separate from the ASSp reservation. They would just have to make sure they checked out of BOTH resorts the last day of their trip.

TammiMcMan
06-24-2010, 12:00 PM
Yeah, unfortunately you can't split up packages. There may be a couple of options to try. The first is to call CRO back, but ask to speak to someone in guest services. They may be able to adjust the free dining package, so that she'd have 1 free dining reservation at Sports for 4 nights (then check-out), and a 2nd free dining reservation at AKL for 3 nights. Not sure how that would work with the park tickets, but I think it could be figured out.

The other option would entail really looking at the cost. If she paid to upgrade the free dining plan, does that cost, plus the cost of having an empty room at Sports make sense? It might be less expensive to check-out of Sports, have a room only reservation at AKL and pay out of pocket for meals for those 3 nights.

KAT1811
06-26-2010, 05:05 PM
Yeah, unfortunately you can't split up packages. There may be a couple of options to try. The first is to call CRO back, but ask to speak to someone in guest services. They may be able to adjust the free dining package, so that she'd have 1 free dining reservation at Sports for 4 nights (then check-out), and a 2nd free dining reservation at AKL for 3 nights. Not sure how that would work with the park tickets, but I think it could be figured out.

In order to have two packages there must be at least a 1 day pass on the second reservation.

With the new "free dining" structure I would be very surprised to hear that it would cost more to pay OOP for QS meals than it would to keep two resort reservations for three nights. I would seriously look at the numbers. :mickey:

:mickey:

TammiMcMan
06-26-2010, 07:11 PM
In order to have two packages there must be at least a 1 day pass on the second reservation. Right, it would depend on how often they go to Disney, as I believe they can just hold onto that base ticket for their next vacation.

It will take some number crunching on their part to figure out what the best option is for them :eat:.

chrim
06-28-2010, 02:36 AM
My suggestion would be to try the following:

Book a 4 night package at the All-Stars, but with 7 day theme park tickets. This should be possible, and one would get 4 days of free quick service only dining.

Also book a 3 night, room only, reservation at the AKL.

The 3 days of lost quick service dining is roughly $25 per person, per day.

Remember, only reservations at moderate and deluxe resorts come with the regular dining package (one table service + one quick service) for free.

If the idea plan was to only stay 6 nights or spend 8 days in the parks, then please adjust accordingly.

The main point here is my understanding that you can buy all of your park tickets with the first package, thus getting a lower per day cost compared with getting two sets of tickets.

pixiesmimi
06-29-2010, 12:33 PM
Why would changing resorts have anything to do with the price of the tickets or dining. Aren't the prices for this the same no matter where you stay and the rooms the only price difference? I would go to MJ and let them figure out everything and the best way to go. This all sounds very confusing. :confused:

KAT1811
06-29-2010, 12:44 PM
Why would changing resorts have anything to do with the price of the tickets or dining.

Tickets and dining are parts of a package and a new resort stay or change mid trip denotes a new package. Each package requires a ticket media. Adding additional days to a ticket or package is much, much cheaper than starting over. And a package requires a stay of at least 3 nights. It is confusing

TammiMcMan
06-29-2010, 12:52 PM
It is a little confusing, but it's the way the Disney packages are setup. You can't change resorts and carry over the package. So, in essence, what the OP is considering doing, is keeping their free dining package reservation at the Sports for all 7 nights, but for the final 3 nights, they'll actually be at the AKL. That would allow them to have the quick service free dining for the whole time, but they'd be double paying for a room. On their final day, they'd need to check out of the AKL and then go over to the Sports and check out there.

Their choice is to the above, or they can cut the Sports free dining package down to 4 nights and book room only at AKL (paying out of pocket for their meals).

Final option is to see if they can get the free dining package for their 3 nights at AKL, but per the requirements of the package, they'd have to purchase another 1 day park ticket for everyone in their group.

Not sure if that makes sense, hope it does ;).

KAT1811
06-29-2010, 01:04 PM
Great breakdown Tammi!!!

crazypoohbear
06-30-2010, 09:44 PM
sit down and figure out the cost of the discount at AKL, plus AS with free dining.
I think it would be too costly to check out of the value, and pay the rack rate at the AKL. to get the free dining.
If you have a really good deal at AKL it could be cheaper to keep the original reservation and make sure you check out of both hotels the last day.
Depending on the discount you get at AKL.
Make sure you crunch the numbers every possible way to unsure you don't get a raw deal.