PDA

View Full Version : Any chance of an extended engagement for MSEP?

Mickey91
06-23-2010, 11:37 PM
We are going to WDW Aug 20 - 26. Anyone have an opinion on the possibility of MSEP engagement being extended? It is my favorite parade!!!! I can't believe we will miss it!!!!!:(

06-24-2010, 01:46 AM
VERY unlikely for any extension.

Strmchsr
06-24-2010, 08:09 AM
No way to know. There's been no word from Disney on that and until/unless they say something anything else is pure speculation. I would guess if it's extremely popular it might happen, but they seemed to want to keep it special for the summer, so I would guess they probably won't extend it. That's only speculation/opinion, though, and not based on any real information.

slegrant
06-24-2010, 08:21 AM
I hope it gets extended, it has always been my favorite:mickey:

agravette
06-24-2010, 10:50 AM
We're not going to DW until the end of September, so it's probably unlikely it will be exteded until then, but I would dearly love to see it, because we've never experienced MSEP before.

Fastpasssteve
06-26-2010, 12:10 AM
While I love both the Electrical Parade AND SpectroMagic, I am torn. I am taking a loved one with me to Disney; she hasn't been there for 20 years! I can't fathom it. Animal Kingdom hadn't even been built at that point. MGM Studios had just opened, I think.

I want her to see ALL the classics. All these shows are beloved by so many of us. It's too bad they don't show the various parades and fireworks displays in rep like many theaters do Shakespeare. I plan my trips to WDW on an Excel spreadsheet...I bet I could make sense of any performing schedule they put out.

On the other hand, it would be wildly impractical. Never mind. May the best parade win.

dixielandings
06-26-2010, 11:59 PM
I wish it would get a permanent place at MK and DL. It is one of my favorite Disney experiences of ALL time. I just saw it in April in Cali and cried as soon as the music cranked up!

Mickey91
07-07-2010, 10:26 AM
I wish it would get a permanent place at MK and DL. It is one of my favorite Disney experiences of ALL time. I just saw it in April in Cali and cried as soon as the music cranked up!

When I saw it again in 2000 I cried. The emotion just welled up inside! I love that parade!! :mickey:

Jordan0301
07-07-2010, 05:28 PM
I think one of the main things people forget is that nostalgia plays a huge part for most of us.

In terms of just black and white, emotionless feelings...sadly ELP is outdated and behind the times. It is wonderful for it to play short "remember the magic" engagements...but it should never be considered for a perminate spot IMO.

Donald's Girl
07-07-2010, 08:56 PM
I, too, am hoping it gets extended. The only reason I think it might be is because of the expense of transporting it.

BigThunderFan
07-08-2010, 12:30 PM
I haven't seen it since my wife and I were there in 2000, and feel lucky to have seen it then. I know it won't be around in January when we go back, but I'm curious if the new stuff in ToT will still be there?

The scene where you see your image and then it disappears would be really cool!