PDA

View Full Version : To Live at Disney?

divinedi
06-23-2010, 10:46 PM
I know this was on PerezHilton, so who knows if there is a shred of truth to it, just wondered if anybody had heard anything?

"Sounds like a pretty luxurious community!

Disney has announced plans today for its residential resort Golden Oak to be located on site at Disney World in Orlando, Florida southeast of the Magic Kingdom and north of Epcot!

Single family homes will be priced between $1.5 and $8 million and designed by Walt Disney Imagineers. The community will have a private clubhouse complete with concierge service and Walt Disney World benefits including private VIP transportation, access to select special-event tickets and community-hosted activities.

Residents will also have access to the future Four Seasons' hotel full-service spa, restaurants, golf course and event space!

No word on if the homes includes free admission to the theme parks.

But it seems like a dream come true for hardcore Disney fans!"

It would really be cool, I'd have to win the lottery first though!

divinedi
06-23-2010, 10:55 PM
Okay, I did find an actual Disney link, moderators if this isn't allowed, I do sincerely apologize http://disneygoldenoak.disney.go.com/
but I hoped that since it is an actual Disney site....

Sounds very interesting, although it will only be available for a limited amount of people, and certainly not the working class.

vicster
06-24-2010, 09:19 AM
The pictures look great but not in my budget!

diz_girl
06-24-2010, 09:20 AM
Perez is right. You'll actually find a 'Golden Oak' thread in the News, Rumors & Imagineering forum. This development was announced about 2-3 years ago.

divinedi
06-24-2010, 11:10 AM
Thanks diz_girl, I actually found that thread in the news section, AFTER I posted this of course :blush:, I should look everywhere before I start a new thread! Didn't know this has been ongoing for a couple of years though, I would love it, but as mentioned, only if I win the lottery, and we all know the odds of that!!! But then, as my daughter pointed out, the people that have won the lottery probably didn't think they'd ever win it either, so I buy the odd ticket here and there, certainly not on a regular basis, and keep hoping :fingers:

Rekenna
06-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Maybe if we all moved in together....:mickey: we may be able to squeak out that house payment. If I live in Orlando I am going to work at Disney and I don't think the wages there would be able to accomodate this lifestyle!

Do really, really, really rich people appreciate and love Disney as much as us peons do?

SBETigg
06-30-2010, 01:29 PM
Yes, please!

I think there are lots of really rich people who enjoy WDW as much as we do. Some of us might be that rich. I like to imagine. I'm working on it, but not there yet. Anyone else care to buy in and report back? It would be very helpful to have the inside scoop.