PDA

View Full Version : Tables in Wonderland

beksy
06-23-2010, 07:48 PM
I am very confused by the Tables in Wonderland and would appreciate some help! :blush: We are on the dining plan but have some meals that won't be covered and we also like appetizers. Can this be used on appetizers when we are using the dining plan for the rest? Is the gratuity automatically added when we use this? Any info at all is appreciated! We do have the AP so we would qualify. Just trying to figure out if it is beneficial or even if it would be better to drop the dining plan and just use this. Thanks! :mickey:

faline
06-23-2010, 08:06 PM
We had both on one trip, and yes, you can use the card for the items not covered on the dining plan. It can get complicated, though, and many servers did not know how to do it correctly. They do add gratuity on automatically when you use the card.

akaDisneyDreamer
06-23-2010, 10:32 PM
What is Tables in Wonderland?

KylesMom
06-24-2010, 09:02 AM
Tiffany, it might help if you start by looking at the participating TiW restaurants listed here:
Tables in Wonderland (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/dde.asp) Are a number of your anticipated restaurants on the list?

Unless you visit frequently, I don't know if it would be worth the membership fee to do both the dining plan and TiW. I can tell you that we've been members of TiW (formerly DDE) for a number of years, and found that it is cheaper for us than the dining plan. We enjoy our adult beverages as well as appys, and we always come out a couple of hundred dollars ahead of what we would have paid for the dining plan - and we get what we want.

As Linda mentioned, gratuity at 18% is automatically included - but with the exception of one poor service experience, we've never had a complaint about the gratuity being added in. :mickey:

VWL Mom
06-24-2010, 09:18 AM
Unless you visit frequently, I don't know if it would be worth the membership fee to do both the dining plan and TiW. I can tell you that we've been members of TiW (formerly DDE) for a number of years, and found that it is cheaper for us than the dining plan. We enjoy our adult beverages as well as appys, and we always come out a couple of hundred dollars ahead of what we would have paid for the dining plan - and we get what we want.

As Linda mentioned, gratuity at 18% is automatically included - but with the exception of one poor service experience, we've never had a complaint about the gratuity being added in. :mickey:

:ditto:

TIW for me!

PopPhan
06-24-2010, 10:05 AM
What is Tables in Wonderland?

TiW is a 'perk' for Annual Passholders or Florida Residents where you can pay $75 annualy for a card that will get you 20% off your bill at a number of WDW restaurants. This 20% discount includes appetizers, entrees, desserts, and alcoholic beverages.

KAT1811
06-24-2010, 10:45 AM

:ditto: