PDA

View Full Version : Reservation Question

valerie923
06-23-2010, 05:22 PM
Just made our dining reservations and was told for some of our reservations that as of now our party of 6 would not be seated together but once we get there they'll do their best to seat us together. Has anyone ever experienced this? :confused:

Checkers
06-23-2010, 05:40 PM
:mickey:Yes, this has happened to us but when we actually got to the restaurant we were all seated together. Not saying it couldn't happen, but we have never experienced it.

bretski99
06-23-2010, 06:16 PM
We ran into that during a trip a couple years ago. We were seated together without an issue. If you are really nice to the host or hostess (they have a tough job and listen to everyone complain every day) they'll bend over backwards for you.

Chic-a-pin
06-23-2010, 07:21 PM
Our party of eleven were seated together all week for our ADR's, although I would have to say some of the meals were a bit crowded :crowd:

KAT1811
06-24-2010, 10:49 AM
We always travel in a group and most of our reservations they told us we may be seated at separate tables. I can honestly say that we were never seated at separate tables. I wouldn't worry. :mickey:

NewDVCowner
06-24-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm glad you asked this question because I was just making reservations and had the same thing happen for Mama Melrose for a party of 7 people. I'm really hoping that we're not seperated, but I figured I'd hedge my bets and add in the comment section that it was a reunion. I hoped that doing that would give us a better chance of being seated together. It sounds, though, that it might not be an issue. :cloud9:

Ropachs
06-24-2010, 01:56 PM
We were told the same thing for our party of 6 for our upcoming December trip. I was surprised to get that message for some of our less 'hard to get' places, like Wolfgang Puck. I highly doubt we'll actually be seperated, but if we are, the kids can sit with the in-laws. :thumbsup:

valerie923
06-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Thanks everyone for your responses! :thumbsup: I'm going to try not to worry about it, I'm sure it will be fine once we get there. :mickey:

KAT1811
06-24-2010, 10:59 PM
I highly doubt we'll actually be seperated, but if we are, the kids can sit with the in-laws. :thumbsup:

:haha: Now all I have to do is convince my in-laws that they are wrong when they say Disney "isn't their thing"!!!

Fastpasssteve
06-25-2010, 02:10 AM
I'm sure Disney must say that they might not be able to seat all in a large party together. Nothing creates animosity in patrons by building false expectations. In some cases (really full restaurants experiencing higher than normal walk-ups or bookings), they actually might not be able to seat a large group together. But, gladly, most of the time they can. They know this and come off looking like the hero. Win-win.

It'll be fine. And I hope your in-laws see all the magic I see in Disney.