PDA

View Full Version : Pizza?

Jessietoystory2
06-23-2010, 03:38 PM
We will be staying at the Poly. Where can we go to get a good pizza or any pizza? Thanks.

xo0ally
06-23-2010, 03:45 PM
In DHS there is Pizza Planet to get yummy pizza

Jessietoystory2
06-23-2010, 04:10 PM
I should be more specific, sorry. Where can I get pizza at the resorts or DTD?

shan-ash
06-23-2010, 04:14 PM
I have heard that Wolfgang Puck Express has great pizza at DTD. We're trying it in a couple of weeks:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD

cajundisneyfreak
06-23-2010, 07:26 PM
They have pizza or as they call it flatbread at the Poly in the food court(counter service area). My son who is a very picky eater ate all of his and loved it.He said it was the best pizza he ever had on disney property. :mickey:

faline
06-23-2010, 07:29 PM
On our last trip, we also saw an outside delivery service delivery pizza to Coronado Springs.

KAT1811
06-24-2010, 10:47 AM
Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD

:ditto:

On our last trip, we also saw an outside delivery service delivery pizza to Coronado Springs.

:ditto:

DH ordered pizza last year from room service and it was very good. The kids loved it.

slegrant
06-24-2010, 11:30 AM
The CS at the Grand Floridian has great pizza, the best I have had at any of the resorts. They have tons of toppings to choose from. My family and I will be having a pizza there next week, can't wait:mickey:

faline
06-24-2010, 12:18 PM
DH ordered pizza last year from room service and it was very good. The kids loved it.

This wasn't from room service. This was a vehicle delivering a pizza from on off-Disney restaurant.

Jared
06-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Disney hasn't figured out how to make pizza yet. Via Napoli, the new pizzeria opening in the Italy pavilion of Epcot this fall, will hopefully change that.

I like the California-style pies at Wolfgang Puck Express a lot, but if you're looking for a good traditional slice, you're out of luck.

WVParkfan
06-24-2010, 01:26 PM
Disney pizza is horrid. They do so many things right... but pizza isn't one of them. ALL Disney pizza is made from the exact same can of sauce, same cheese, same crust, etc. So, with the exception of Wolfgang Puck at DTD, all resort and theme park pizza is the same (Pizza Planet @ DHS = Pizzafari @ AK = Pinnochio Haus @ MK = Electric Umbrella @ Epcot = Resort Delivery Pizza). All the ingredients and recipe's come from the same central food distribution center.

All of the national chains deliver to the Disney resorts, so you can always call Papa Johns, Dominoes, Pizza Hut, etc. It isn't good, but it's better than Disney pizza.

There is one good pizza place in Orlando, but it is "Chicago" style pizza (thick). It is called Giordano's. We're "New York" style pizza people, but we'd rather eat Giordann's than the chain restaurant pizzas.
http://www.giordanos.com/

Fastpasssteve
06-25-2010, 02:40 AM
In Downtown Disney, I recommend Wolfgang Puck Express. Tasty and lots of variety.

We all wait, full of doubt and hope, for the opening of the new pizza place in EPCOT.

I just did a quick survery of various Disney Food-related blogs and pages. It is easier to find info about gluten-free options than info about good pizza in WDW. Consider this a hint.

PETE FROM NYC
06-25-2010, 01:58 PM
As a NY bred of Italian descent, let me say that there just ain't no decent pizza in all of Florida.
Its all ketchup on cardboard.

DizneyRox
06-25-2010, 02:36 PM
As a NY bred of Italian descent, let me say that there just ain't no decent pizza in all of Florida.
Its all ketchup on cardboard.
+1

There ain't no good pizza in Florida. SSR food court has some good flatbread, but it's not pizza.

My suggestion, eat up before you get on the plane, and stop for some on the way home after your trip.

BrerGnat
06-25-2010, 04:41 PM
Where can we go to get a good pizza or any pizza? Thanks.

New York City.

Sorry, couldn't help myself. :D

Wolfgang Puck is the best on property so far.

OogieBoogieMan
06-25-2010, 08:15 PM
The phrase "good pizza" as it relates to Disney is an oxymoron. If you want to discuss it in the context of what is better than Pizza Hut than I suppose the topic could be expanded....

KylesMom
06-25-2010, 11:06 PM
We order for delivery from Giordano's - (407) 239-8900 - it's programmed into my cell phone. They deliver to the WL lobby & we take it back to our room when we're ready to kick back & relax. Too many in-room pizza deliveries from values to moderates (and especially Deluxe resorts) that took hours and weren't what we ordered, were cold or were just bad drove us to this! :mickey:

I must say that we love the Mama Melrose flatbreads, but you asked about the resorts or DTD . . . :beer:

KAT1811
06-26-2010, 10:26 AM
This wasn't from room service. This was a vehicle delivering a pizza from on off-Disney restaurant.

I think my posts just ran into each other. I knew what you meant. ;) :mickey:

MinnieMommie
06-27-2010, 09:43 AM
I have to agree with many of these posts and wish I could multiple reply skillfully because I would have put "hehehe" and "ditto" after many.

In general Disney is not a place we go to have Italian food including Pizza. However you may like what you get there. My daughters Love the flatbread at SSR's CS (Artist Palette). We have tried Giordano's and while it is good to know they deliver we would never order it again (but another poster does order it so please remember this is only my opinion).

We are hopeful that Via Napoli will offer great pizza. They are supposed to be open in the fall so if you will be there then it would be my suggestion as a place to try for pizza. :mickey:

DisneyLuver91
06-27-2010, 02:01 PM
I do have to say that pizza at Fort Wilderness is great! I don't remember the restaurant, but we go all the time!

whitney37354
06-28-2010, 12:01 PM
The cheese flatbread at Contempo Cafe at CR was okay, but if you are at Poly, I'd just get it from CS there.