PDA

View Full Version : Visitng WDW at Christmas

Guya103
06-23-2010, 02:43 PM
My family has always gone to the world in the summer time and we are thinking of going the week of Christmas this year. We wanted to do MVMCP but I looked and it says that the last day for it is the 19th of December. Is this right? Do all of the special festivities (like the Candlelight Processional etc.) end the week prior to Christmas? I have also read the parks are very crowded during this week (that doesn't bother us;)) Is there anything special that is done in the parks on Christmas Eve/Day or New Years Eve/Day? Thanks!:mickey:

forever a child
06-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Although I have never gone before, I believe all of the specialty parades and fireworks carry over to that week. So you dont need to buy a MVMCP to see them. I am not sure about the shows but I would assume they do as well. Also, since the parks are closed early for MVMCP, I don't think with the volume of people there for Christmas week that they want to close the parks early. I don't think you will miss out.

I am going the week before Christmas and I have to pay to see those things by attending the MVMCP. I think it is just Disney's way of double dipping for $. You pay Holiday resort and food prices, I pay for Value Resort & regular food prices PLUS purchase my Hard tickets for the same shows;)

I am sure someone who has been there can expand on what they do for that week and into New Years! Have fun!:santa:

Guya103
06-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks for your quick response! One other question-We are going in August and will be staying at CBR, but in December we will be renting a home as we have other family that will be visiting. Do the guests staying on property recieve other advantages other than EMH during Christmas time? (In the parks) For example, are they treated as a "priority" to get into the parks? I have read that the parks often reach capacity during Christmas time and we are just waying our options. Thanks!:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
06-24-2010, 03:10 PM
I think the Candlelight Processional goes through the end of December....we did the Candlelight package on Christmas day 2008, so I know it will still be going while you are there. Also, the story tellers around the world should be there through the end of December along with Osbourgne Spectacle of Lights.

Scar
06-24-2010, 04:12 PM
Do the guests staying on property recieve other advantages other than EMH during Christmas time? (In the parks) For example, are they treated as a "priority" to get into the parks? I have read that the parks often reach capacity during Christmas time and we are just waying our options.The parks close in phases. Do a search here for and old thread that details it. Yes, resort guests are in a different phase than non resort guests, but that is not a special perk for Christmas, it just so happens that Christmas is one of the times it needs to be enforced.

Guya103
06-24-2010, 09:10 PM
Thank you all for your replies! We plan to get up early and be to the parks when they open or shortly after so I think we should be fine. Do any of you have first hand experience with staying off-site during Christmas time? Any other tips would be great:mickey: