PDA

View Full Version : How does it work?

NewDVCowner
06-23-2010, 11:36 AM
I have a question regarding the parks closing due to being at capacity. I'll be going to the parks Christmas week and we're prepared for the crowds (well, as prepared as we can be) but what happens when the parks close because they're full? What I mean is, if we go to a park, then leave in the afternoon to go back to the hotel for a nap and break, then the park closes, does that mean we wouldn't be able to get back in? If we don't have park hopper tickets does that mean that we can't go to any of the parks for the rest of the day? I'm a little concerned about this since we'd like to be able to take a mid day break, but now I'm concerned that we wouldn't be able to go back to the parks at all.

Thanks everyone!

micky95
06-23-2010, 12:36 PM
when the parks reach capacity no one else is admitted.if you leave and try to return you cant get back in.regular tickets are for one park per day.if you leave one park and cant get back in you cant go to another park.depending on how many days youre staying it might be better to get the hopper option.7 or more days id get it .less than that its not worth it to me.ive been the first week of dec but not on christmas.hope this helps. counting down to nov 2010!!

forever a child
06-23-2010, 01:06 PM
There are different levels for closing a park. I don't know exactly what they are but I am sure someone will come along who does. WDW Resort guests would get preference to enter parks before non-resort guests. But if I were going during a really busy time and knew I would need to take mid day break, I would get park hoppers. Keep in mind once MK closes to people that all of those people will then move on to the other parks too...so they will get more crowed as a result.

SBETigg
06-23-2010, 02:07 PM
As a Disney resort guest, you are guaranteed admission to a park, just not necessarily your park of choice, depending. Hoppers are a good bet at this time, if you plan to leave for a break. MK is the most likely to reach full capacity, but it happens with other parks sometimes, too.

As the previous poster says, there are levels of capacity closing, and I'm not sure what they are exactly either. Dining reservations won't get you into a park once it reaches capacity, or carry any priority for entry, so if you have dining plans at a given park, be especially careful with leaving early and planning to get back in.

DonaldsBFF
06-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Have been to WDW twice, Christmas to New Year and never had a problem with getting into a park. Both times went to MK on New Years Eve. Now we had been told that MK and HS had reached capacity and were closed earlier in the day, but when we went later that day it was not a problem. Both times we stayed on property and had park hopper options. Not sure if that was a factor.

distrips
06-28-2010, 12:45 AM
We were there for Christmas this year and by 11ish they were turning cars away from the MK parking lot.

As the OP said, they do have levels of closing and onsite guests are the last to be denied entry (Non-working Cast Members are first, off site, etc go first) It is not a 4 people out 4 people in system but they do reopen. I would allow plenty of time if you have a dinner reservation as that does not guarantee entry. You may also find that they are not busing guests to the Magic Kingdom since the park is closed. If you have trouble and you really want to be "waiting to get in," I suggest taking a bus to any park and than over to the Contemporary. This would allow you to walk across the street and be waiting.

It is a great time of year to visit. My family loves it!

Polynesian Dweller
06-28-2010, 04:35 PM
This is how Disney defines the phases. Note that there are restrictions on the type of transportation in each phase.

Disney World Closing Phases

Phase I: Guests with non-hopper-type Magic Your Way base tickets or Single Day/Single Park Tickets, guests without admission, and Cast Members using certain types of CM admission are turned away at the pentrances to the parking lots.

Phase II: Disney Resort guests, Annual/Premium Annual Passholders, guests with park hopper tickets, and guests re-entering the same park on the same day are admitted, but only if they arrive using Disney resort transportation or a taxi.

Phase III: Disney Resort guests and Annual/Premium Annual passholders are admitted; however, they must arrive using Disney resort transportation.

Phase IV: The parks are closed to all incoming guests. There is no incoming transportation of any kind.