PDA

View Full Version : Pixies for Two

Disney4us2
06-23-2010, 11:33 AM
When it rains...it pours.

My father, who just turned 90, has poor circulation in his legs. During the weekend his right leg was bright red... looked better yesterday though. After a trip to the doctor, he had an arterial ultrasound and was found to have 99% blockage in the right leg and between 50-90% in the left leg. He was given antibiotics for cellulitis. We go back in two weeks to check it. He may go to a vascular surgeon for a consult. At the age of 90 though, I don't think he would be a good candidate for elective surgery under general anesthetic. Of course if it was life and death to save the leg. I guess he might take the chance. I call my father the energizer bunny because he just keeps on going and going.:)

Now for me.... YIKES!!!! My SS disability hearing is TOMORROW. Living with me the last few months has not been a joy. I have no paticence and have a very short fuse in the temper dept. I am on edge worring about the outcome. I won't even know for a possible 3 to4 months if I am approved. The only thing keeping me sane at the moment is our weekly visits to Disneyland.:mickey:

I have been in this process since March 2009. When I got the denial last July, I was told it could be over a year until I get to a hearing. I hope it is a good sign that it was under a year for the hearing. This whole process has left me drained and depressed. Besides the back problem(the main one), other problems have started as well. I have them documented with reports from two different doctors. They both say I am unable to work. I can't stand longer than 5 minutes without pain. Sitting and laying down help, but I can't be in those positions long either. It is not muscular, so the motrin Rx does nothing. I use a rollator to help with walking long distances and that way I always have a place to sit.

Thanks for reading this long, long post. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

NewDVCowner
06-23-2010, 02:30 PM
Best wishes, warm thoughts and plenty of :tink: for both of you.