PDA

View Full Version : taking refillable mug in theme park?

JellyMango
06-22-2010, 10:09 PM
hi!! I know I can't refill a resort mug in the Disney parks, but I'd like to just take the refillable mug into the park in my backpack. I plan to use it at breakfast and am trying to avoid having to make a trip back to my room-staying at all-star music. Will cast members let you into the parks with refillable mugs? Thanks so much! Leaving in 4 days!!!:party:

forever a child
06-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Welcome to Intercot!

Yes, you can take your mug into the park with you! You can actually take food, bottled water, soda etc with you into the parks too. I have even heard you can take cooler in although I have never tried that. But I take bottled water and our own soda with us!

Have a great trip!:mickey:

Love of Disney
06-22-2010, 11:05 PM
We always take a small cooler with us for our bottled water and fruit. Mind you, we have a stroller so it fits underneath.
:cool:

Fastpasssteve
06-23-2010, 04:30 AM
Bringing the mug with you makes a lot of sense, especially in the hot summer months. When drinking from a drinking fountain, one doesn't get enough water to ward off dehydration. When you fill up your mug, you're getting an adequate amount of water. Stay hydrated, stay healthy.

MickeyChick
06-23-2010, 09:29 AM
We always grab coffee during the walk through our hotel to the bus stop and carry the mugs with us through the park. We keep a carabiner clip on our camera bag to hang the mugs.

Michelle15
06-23-2010, 10:05 AM
:welcome::mickey:

Nascfan
06-23-2010, 07:56 PM
:welcome:

Absolutely! Fill your mug in the morning before boarding Disney transportation (or your own if so inclined). Like others have said, it makes a great way to refill with water throughout the day. Whether or not you choose to do that, take some personal experience advice. Take along some gallon sized ziplock bags in your backpack, enough for however many mugs you have. When your mug(s) are empty, rinse them if you can, and put them in the bags. Seal the bags and any leakage or leftover drink of your choice will not spill into your backpack. Trust me, we learned this the hard way. Enjoy your trip! :mickey:

#1disneyfan
06-23-2010, 11:08 PM
I think you have gotten your answer...so I just wanted to say WELCOME!!! :mickey:

pixiesmimi
06-28-2010, 11:38 AM
Are the resort mugs the same this year as last year? Just wondering if they are still the red,yellow, black ones as last year. Anyone been lately?

PopPhan
06-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Are the resort mugs the same this year as last year? Just wondering if they are still the red,yellow, black ones as last year. Anyone been lately?

They are different in that the pattern goes the whole way to the base of the mug, rather than having a white band about 2/3 of the way down to the base. AND the new mugs have a steady taper from top to bottom, rather than the bow in the middle down to a thin(ner) base.

DisneyFr33k
06-28-2010, 11:52 AM
Take along some gallon sized ziplock bags in your backpack, enough for however many mugs you have. When your mug(s) are empty, rinse them if you can, and put them in the bags. Seal the bags and any leakage or leftover drink of your choice will not spill into your backpack.

That's what we do.

Also, we take full mugs onto the buses - although I think I remember seeing a sign saying no food/drink on the buses. Anyone confirm? Either way, the drivers don't seem to mind....

Nascfan
06-28-2010, 01:11 PM
You are correct Love2Travel, the drivers don't seem to mind. We always take full mugs along on the bus but are also concientious enough to not drink while on Disney transportation, keeping the tab closed on the lid until we get off at the park.

finaldynasty
07-14-2010, 10:23 PM
WE took our mugs this year and did not have a problem. we even took a drink to go after our QS meals.

Magic Smiles
07-15-2010, 06:54 AM
Also, we take full mugs onto the buses - although I think I remember seeing a sign saying no food/drink on the buses. Anyone confirm? Either way, the drivers don't seem to mind....

Yes there are signs that say no food or drinks allowed on the bus. I have a DH who follows are those rules, so I am not allowed to take my coffee onto the bus :sad::sob:

pixiesmimi
07-15-2010, 01:20 PM
I looked at DD's mugs from earlier in the year and compared to ours from last Aug. There was a little difference, I think, so don't know if I will take my mugs or not.

PopPhan
07-15-2010, 02:38 PM
I looked at DD's mugs from earlier in the year and compared to ours from last Aug. There was a little difference, I think, so don't know if I will take my mugs or not.

Mugs are Length Of Stay, so you would be breaking the rules to bring old ones back with you.

pixiesmimi
07-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Mugs are Length Of Stay, so you would be breaking the rules to bring old ones back with you.

Yes, I know that but I was just thinking that if they were the same mugs, what would be the difference. I won't though because I would feel guilty. Not like some people that carry any mug they want and fill them up free.

ransam
07-16-2010, 05:10 PM
i always take mine. Like someone mentioned it's great to fill up w/ water from fountains. Most snack stands will fill it w/ ice. and what i like to do is after i eat, and get a refill of soda to go, i will just pour into my mug so i'm not carrying around a paper cup....

have a great trip.