PDA

View Full Version : fort wilderness help

parrothed26
06-22-2010, 06:50 PM
We are planning our next trip and have never stayed at Fort Wilderness cabins. I was wondering if anyone has stayed there and how it was. Buses, getting around, things to do, etc. Thanks :mickey:

faline
06-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Fort Wilderness is near and dear to my heart.

We've stayed in the cabins several times. They're wonderful! Full kitchen, living area (with Murphy bed), full bath and bedroom in the back. You also have your own deck and a space outside to park your car.

Transportation does require a bit more patience than some other resorts. None of the cabins are far from a bus stop but you really do need to use internal busses to get to most places (or rent a golf cart) and then transfer to another bus to get to the parks. There is boat transportation to the Magic Kingdom.

We've greatly enjoyed our stays here. Each cabin is like having your own home with no neighbors sharing walls with you!

ibrowse17
06-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Agreed! We have stayed at FW many times over the years, but had never tried the cabins until our last trip. It was wonderful!! We really enjoyed the space and privacy of the cabins, while still having the nature of FW around us. I hope you try it and enjoy your stay as much as we did:thumbsup:

slegrant
06-22-2010, 08:40 PM
Fort WIlderness is great, we stay there twice a year. Go for the golf cart, there a blast and makes getting back from the parks late much easier than using the bus or walking:mickey: There are so many things to do as well, watching the electrical water pagent and fireworks from the beach, walking the trail over to the Wilderness Lodge, canoeing, the campfire with Chip and Dale. I hope you have as much fun as we do there.

HackLaSalle
06-22-2010, 10:07 PM
I love Fort Wilderness. It has everything you could possibly want in the cabin. Plus the two great stores, wonderful restaurants and fun games. But the transportation is a bit suspect. Our idea every day was to start at MK and move on to every where else via transportation from Magic Kingdom which is much more reliable and consistent.

dizne4me
06-23-2010, 06:39 AM
We love the cabins at Fort Wilderness. I agree with all the other posters---love having our own deck and a little bit of space to ourselves. And if possible, get the golf cart - they are a blast and they make getting around a whole lot easier. Have a great trip!