PDA

View Full Version : Need help understanding using my DVC points for RCI trade

luvDaMouse
06-22-2010, 03:37 PM
I am not sure if this is the right place for this post if it isnt I appologize :blush:Would someone please explain to me how RCI works? I have read through some posts and cannot seem to grasp how to trade, deposit points?? 2 years in advance? It’s all so confusing to me:confused:. This is my scenario, my husband and I are planning a trip to Hawaii in 2012, and we are hoping to go to the new DVC resort, Maui and possibly the Big Island also. I don’t know how many points I will need for Auluni until they release the point charts. We are planning on a 2 week visit and we have 300pts per year (use year DEC) so I could potentially have 3 years points with banking and borrowing. This is our first trip to Hawaii and has been a dream for my husband for some time. We would like to use our DVC points for this vacation so as too not have to pay out of pocket for hotels but it seems like a real pain to use RCI from what I have been reading. Is this going to be possible for us? Do I have to have the points available right away to deposit into RCI? I suppose I can’t use points that are not available to me yet (ie borrowed points) Sorry for rambling but I need to know how to make this trip happen. :help:
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
:thanks: Thanks,
Dana

diz_girl
06-22-2010, 04:48 PM
I don't know how the exchange with RCI works, so I'll let someone answer that for you.

However, I have one thing to write about Aulani. I expect that this will be a very popular resort and a lot of DVCers whose home resort is not Aulani will try to get in. So when you plan your Hawaii trip, it may be better to not have a specific set of days in mind. You'll probably need to plan your trip on when (and if) they have availability and not when you want to go. This is also because you will be booking at the 7 month window (if you don't own at Aulani) and there aren't any back-up resorts to book at (like you would at WDW) if you can't get a reservation.