PDA

View Full Version : I just got my first REAL job

pink
06-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Hello everyone! I just have to share this awesome news. I'm currently a second semester junior in college going for my bachelor's degree in journalism. I recently just got this deal with a company called JGM Tributes as their spokesperson. They hired me to make videos for them for Youtube and their own website, host contests and do monthly vlogs (video diaires).

Basically what their company does is they make special tribute books for celebrities that have passed away. They allow their fans to leave their own messages to them (for a price). However, a large percent of those profits goes to creating the books (they're very elaborate from what I heard, one of my upcoming vlogs is going to see this man in Queens who supposedly makes these special books for them and Oprah all the time :blush: I'm a little nervous!) The other portion of the profits goes to the one of the celebrity who has passed aways favorite charities. For Michael Jackson, we have been working with the Starlight Children's Foundation.

So far I have been having fun running the contest for them searching for the "worlds biggest Michael Jackson fan contest" as that is their current celebrity they're working on.

Basically people on Youtube are going to be sending me in videos or messages telling me why they're the biggest MJ fans and the top three winners will be given a free tribute in the book. The book itself is going to be given to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame which is pretty neat.

I just felt like sharing me good news with all of you! I feel like I'm finally getting out into the real world even though I am basically doing all my work from a computer haha. If you guys want to enter the contest (because I know there MUST be so many MJ fans on here, I know I am but I can't enter :D) I thought I would tell all of you.

I don't know if I can post the site links on here and I don't want to get in trouble but if you want to look for it you can just search king of pop tribute book in any search engine or if you want to see the contest video you can go search michael jackson biggest on youtube and my video will be the first to pop up.

I wish you all a good day! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
06-22-2010, 10:25 AM
How exciting. Congrats on the job!!:thumbsup:

SBETigg
06-22-2010, 11:33 AM
Sounds like a fun job! Congratulations! So glad things are looking up for you. :thumbsup:

Jeff
06-22-2010, 11:40 AM
Congrats!:thumbsup:

pink
06-22-2010, 01:10 PM
SBETigg- You have the best memory! Things are really are looking up. It feels good. :mickey:

Michelle15
06-22-2010, 03:04 PM
Congrats!! :mickey: