PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter Kid Swap and HHN crowded?

incredibles rock
06-22-2010, 10:10 AM
My husband and I and our boys (4,10, and 12) are going to Disney:mickey: for 11 days but for one day we are going to Universal to see the new Harry Potter. I have two questions.

1. Has anyone done the kid swap for the Harry Potter castle yet? How did it work? How was your experience?

2. I noticed that the day we planned to go to Universal is one of the nights of the Halloween Party. We do not plan on attending it. Should we go a different day because it might be more crowded because of the HHN?

Ms. Mode
06-22-2010, 10:50 AM
I don't know the answer to your question, but I wanted to tell you "Welcome" to Intercot ...I think we're twins. :mickey:

NJGIRL
06-22-2010, 12:12 PM
I can't answer the question about HP child swap, but I can tell you my experience with halloween. We have been at Universal many days that they were holding the party that night and I do not feel that the park was more crowded than a day that the party was not going on that night.

IMO the parks will be more crowded this year beacause of HP.

John
06-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Second that - HHN requires seperate admission and happens after normal park hours which means that many folks just come for the event...

clm10308
06-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Hi,

When I was at IOA last week I did use the child swap for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. My 8yr old rode it one time and thought it was too scary, so the second time around we used the child swap.

There is a fairly large room right where you get on the ride. It was lined with benches or chairs (I can't remember). It had a video screen playing a HP movie. In fact my son wanted to stay and watch the movie.

There was a staff person stationed at the entrance to the room who puts you back in the line to get on the ride.

Goofy Pluto
06-24-2010, 11:57 AM
OK, two questions related to this...

Can children too small for the ride just go through the queue and wait somewhere or exit at the end where you get on the ride?

Same question for The Dragon Challenge: Can people who don't want to actually ride walk through the queue and then exit?

Thanks.

John
06-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Yep - you should be able to do that - also there is a child swap at the end as well. I would just tell the castmember at the front of the line your intentions.

clm10308
06-24-2010, 07:54 PM
Yes, my kids and I walked thorough the Dragon Challenge line without riding. We did make sure to let the people behind us go passed us when we stopped to look and take pictures.

Goofy Pluto
06-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Is there anything neat and Harry Potter related to see in the Dragon Challenge queue? I went through it when it was Dueling Dragons and it was pretty cool but just wondering if they did much to change it or it's pretty much the same as it was. Thanks.

clm10308
06-25-2010, 08:02 PM
Yes, there is stuff to see.
On the way up the hill you get a close view of the back side of Hagrid's cabin. The Wesley's car is there. I think the car made noises, but that could just be my faulty memory. The inside line goes through a room decorated to look like the tent where the champions all waited before facing the dragons. The staff member there was dressed as a Durmstrang student. Further along you can see the Tri-Wizard cup. There is even a room with "floating" candles.