PDA

View Full Version : Woot woot!!

Chic-a-pin
06-21-2010, 07:15 PM
After years and years of vacationing @ WDW, we FINALLY got a free upgrade! I booked Jambo House standard view studio for our first night before transferring over to our home BLT. When we checked in the Cast Member said I see you booked 1 bedroom savannah view and I said, uhhh, no, should be a studio standard view and jokingly said unless you're giving me a free upgrade. So she said hang on and walked away...needless to say I kinda started getting nervous. She came back and said nope, that right! We've upgraded you at no extra points! YEEE-HAW!!!! I was stoked! :mickey: It was so cool :blush:

faline
06-21-2010, 07:21 PM
Congrats on your upgrade!

Checkers
06-21-2010, 07:31 PM
:mickey:Congratulations! Nice to know it does happen at DVC.

vizsla
06-22-2010, 04:58 AM
:thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
06-22-2010, 07:36 AM
Way to go! I got the same upgrade at AKL once. Funny thing is that I had been on a waitlist for the SV but was told until the day I left that none was available. Lo and behold when we checked in they upgraded us to what we had asked for to begin with...but it was such a nice surprise!! :thumbsup:

kapeman
06-22-2010, 09:20 AM
Were you staying on cash or points?

dixielandings
06-23-2010, 05:43 PM
I think this falls in the same category:

We booked BWV (FINALLY) for October. First of all, I was thrilled to get ALL days of our vacation there, not just some! We always book standard view, regardless. I was talking to Member Services a couple of weeks ago about dining ressies and she couldn't find my DVC ressie under the number I had. When she finally found it, she told the ressie number had changed b/c we had been upgraded to a BW view! Again, I don't know if that's common or not, but I've always looked up at those rooms and thought "wouldn't that be nice"...I guess I'll get to find out for myself! :thumbsup:

Chic-a-pin
06-23-2010, 07:15 PM
Kapeman, we were staying on points :mickey:

kapeman
06-24-2010, 09:21 AM
From what I understand, it is extremely rare for someone to get an upgrade when staying on points.

It is usually due to overbooking or an unexpected maintenance to a unit.

You got really lucky!