PDA

View Full Version : DDP Quick Service

wilshade
06-20-2010, 04:58 PM
Hey all,

Anybody have experience with the Quick Service dining plan option? Like it? Hated it? Exactly what you wanted?

Thanks!

wilshade
06-21-2010, 02:53 PM
Thanks. :(

KylesMom
06-21-2010, 03:07 PM
While I can't comment on the QSDP since our family has never participated, here is another recent thread regarding the plan you're inquiring about. Hopefully someone else who's experienced the QSDP will be along to respond to your question soon. It doesn't seem to be as popular as the Regular DDP.

QSDP Costs (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=171765)

wilshade
06-21-2010, 05:28 PM
It's a start and it did answer some questions for me. Thank you.

NokOnHarts
06-21-2010, 08:04 PM
We did the QSDP back in May of 2009. I think it's a convenient way to do your meals IF you are solely doing QS meals. I have done the math (for our upcoming trip) and if you are going to do any TS at all, it is much more expensive to combine QSDP and TS OOP. This next time we want to do a couple Character meals but will being doing QS for the rest of our meals. In our case, it's a better deal just to pay for everything OOP instead of doing one of the plans. That said, if you are going to eat all your meals the way the QS plan is designed, I think it's an OK deal and made it pretty simple when ordering. Just make sure you order the most expensive items possible (that appeal to you) to get the most of the credit.

Tekneek
06-21-2010, 08:08 PM
I will be able to give you a first hand account after we go in July. We're trying this out on our trip.

Tinker Fan
06-27-2010, 10:29 AM
We tried the quick service plan last year and really liked it, the freedom to eat when we wanted was really nice and we found some really good places to eat besides burgers and pizza. We usually do the regular plan but this was a nice change. I wouldn't do WDW without one of the DDPlans!!!

wilshade
06-27-2010, 10:58 AM
Thanks Tinker Fan! That's what I needed to know. I was hoping somebody used it for that very reason. Glad to know it worked for you.

Toodle
06-27-2010, 11:24 AM
We like it because anytime we get the regular DDP we feel like our ADRs dictate what we do and when we do it.
With the quick service plan we can eat anywhere anytime. My only complaint is that the desserts are hit and miss - many times the only offerings are carrot cake and chocolate cake.
We have found some great places to eat including Seasons at Epcot, Cosmic Rays at Magic Kingdom, Pizzafari or the rib place at Animal Kingdom and a little place across from the theater for Beauty and Beast that serves brisket, chicken and ribs. All of these places offer things besides hamburgers.

HoosierDisneyFan
06-27-2010, 12:28 PM
We have always used the regular DDP but have considered the Quick Service plan. One word of caution... just because you are on the Quick Service plan does not prevent the need to plan. As you can read in this posting and others, there are great options for QS dining in the parks and resorts, but if you have not done your research beforehand, you may miss out of some great options and find yourself eating too many hamburgers. A few of my favorites are:

DTD: Wolfgang Puck Express and Earl of Sandwich
MK: Colimbia House and Pecos Bill
AK: Flame Tree BBQ
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons, Yorkshire County Fish Shop and Yakitori House
DHS: Backlot Express and ABC Commissary

You will find many people who will agree and disagree with these choices. My personal taste in food and personal experience with these locations may be different that yours (or others).

custom1
06-27-2010, 12:29 PM
We used qsdp on are last trip and really enjoyed have everything being prepaid.I'm sure its cheaper to pay out of pocket but the convenience was great.Kids can order whatever they want and you dont have to worry about the cost.

Skippy
06-27-2010, 12:51 PM
We did it for our weekend stay (Friday-Tuesday) and it was great.

Definitely hit Wolfgang puck express. the food was great and was amazing that it was on the plan.

in the parks, most of the Quick Serve is burgers and dogs. Make sure you look around to find the good stuff. At the resorts, the expensive resorts tend to have so-so quick serve. The moderates are good (Port Orleans both have good offering - Riverside has a pasta bar you order from - my DW had chicken and shrimp alfredo and LOVED it! - my sons enjoyed the taco salad at French Quarter). The kids have to order from the kids menu, but we ended up swapping with them once or twice.
Coronado Springs 'Pepper Market' is another one that has a great selection and good food (ribs, steak, steak burrito, pasta bar etc).

The catch there is that you have a server and the gratuity is not included. There is no way to charge just the gratuity.

Also - keep track of your snacks. We had so many snack credits left over on our last day, that we took home the mickey rice crispie treats for all the neighborhood kids!

I loved the QSR plan as it didn't tie us down to reservations. Just do a little research ahead of time and if all else fails... ask a cast member at the restaurant.

forever a child
06-27-2010, 08:29 PM
in the parks, most of the Quick Serve is burgers and dogs. Make sure you look around to find the good stuff.

I disagree. We found lot of other options at the Parks. Our may trip we paid OOP but we mostly did quick service. We did two full meals at TS and two "snack" meals of appetizers only at TS. But the majority of our meals were QS. We did breakfast in our room each morning.

As one of the PP mentioned. If you do your research on menus you can find a lot of other options. We NEVER did hamburgers and DD and I split a dog once cause it was in germany and came with kraut. Other than that we had rotisserie chick with mashed potatoes and gravey and veggies, BBQ pork, turkey wraps, caesar salad, pasta and more.

Our favorites were
MK Peco Bills
Epcot Sunshine Seasons
AK Flame Tree BBQ
DTD Wolfgang Puck Epress
DHS- dont really have a favorite there :(

We looked at what we would more than likely order and I figured out our bill. For us, paying out of pocket was more of a savings that then QDSP. But everyone is different and so as long as you plan ahead...you can definitely make it worth your while and make it work for your family.

:eat:My suggestion if you like steaks and more meals that would be considered TS meals...head on over to the Pepper Market at CSR. They have a QS meal that includes steaks and more and even though it is a QS you are seated. There is a 10% gratuity included but if you are on ANY of the dining plans than the gratuity is included. This is the only place that gratuity is included and I assume it is because of the unusual seating feature of the QS set up there (since it is a convention center). It would basically be like you were having a great TS meal!

Maryln8
06-27-2010, 09:15 PM
on any of the dining plans. It is included if you pay out of pocket. The servers get zero if you pay with the dining plan. You have to leave cash otherwise they get stiffed.

forever a child
06-27-2010, 09:49 PM
on any of the dining plans. It is included if you pay out of pocket. The servers get zero if you pay with the dining plan. You have to leave cash otherwise they get stiffed.

Pepper Market does not have "servers." You get your own meal. They only seat you. They might bring you a drink, that's about it. Because it is a QS the DDP does cover the entire bill, including the mandatory 10% gratuity, for being seated.

Yes, the rest of the TS you have to pay OOP for gratuity. But for QSDD it doesnt matter because all TS meals require payment OOP.

Skippy
06-27-2010, 11:05 PM
Sorry, was just there two weeks ago. The 10% is NOT included in ddp. This was pre-printed on the ticket you used when picking up your food and was re-iterated in person when seating.

Hammer
06-28-2010, 06:57 AM
Sorry, was just there two weeks ago. The 10% is NOT included in ddp. This was pre-printed on the ticket you used when picking up your food and was re-iterated in person when seating.

Thanks, Skippy. This is a new change this year as it was included in 2008-2009, even though they removed including the tip for TS meals. Not surprised this loophole was closed, though. The 10% gratuity covers the hostess seating you, getting your drink and the cleaning of the real dishes, silverware, and napkins. If you wish to avoid the gratuity, get your food to go.

JoF
06-28-2010, 07:47 AM
We used the QSDP back in October and liked it so much that we have decided to do it again for our trip next October.
You aren't tied to ADRs as previous posters have said and there are a good range of choices. Desserts aren't particularly great but we don't really eat that many so this isn't a problem.
Fav places are Casey's Corner, Pecos bill and cosmic Ray's in MK, flametree BBQ and picnic in the park in AK, ABC commissary in DHS and anywhere around the world in EPCOT!
We may do a couple of TS meals but pay OOP for these.
And as previous posters have also said - make sure you use up your snacks - we too were left with a considerable amount on our last day:blush:

Tekneek
08-07-2010, 12:33 PM
We really liked the QSDP on our trip last week. My wife is sold on it. She doesn't want to go to WDW without it in the future. The crucial thing is making sure you use everything you are allotted (entree, dessert, and drink at each meal).

I am sure it would be easier for those who are not vegans/vegetarians, but we still enjoyed it and felt like it was plenty to eat.

Rekenna
08-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Hi! We did the QSDP for the 1st time last October. We had me, DH, DSis (Adult), DS10, DS3 and DS1.

It was really nice, stress free, no ADR's to make. The only negative is you tend to eat at a lot of places with french fries.

Great ideas for CS in parks-IMHO!
MK-Cosmic Ray's
MK-Pecos Bill
MK-El Pirata y Perico (if it's open)
MK-Columbia Harbor House
EP-Yakitori House
EP-Electric Umbrella
EP-Sunshine Seasons
DHS-Pizza Planet
DHS-Backlot Tour
AK-Restaurantosaurus
AK-Flame Tree BBQ
Resorts-lots of options

I'm sure I missed some good ones, but I guess what I'm trying to say is that you have a lot of options with the QSDP, it was economical for our family, easy and there are a ton of choices.

You also get 2 snacks and refillable mug at your resort.

DH really liked the QSDP, the only reason we are doing the regular DDP is b/c my younger sister is going with us and she has not been to WDW in 20 years, and she loves food as much as the rest of us, so I thought she would really enjoy having everything planned out.

We give it :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:!