PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Garden coming soon to DCA

Disney4us2
06-20-2010, 04:19 PM
Burger Invasion is all boarded up to begin work on a refurb there. I was reading on another site that Burger Invasion and Pizza Oom Mow Mow are being refurbished. It is going to be called Paradise Garden. Burger Invasion will re open as the Paradise Garden Grill. Pizza Oom Mow Mow will become Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta.

(quote): Paradise Garden - Expanded dining courtyard

Covering the area encompassing Pizza Oom Mow Mow, Burger Invasion, and the S.S, Rustworthy, the new Paradise Garden dining area will ro-purpose the existing dining facilities and reuse the current S.S. Rustworthy water play area for an expanded dining courtyard with Victorian-style theming in a lush garden setting. (end quote)

From what I saw online it will look so nice. The concept art can be viewed at the Blue Sky Cellar. I will have to stop by and check it out next Sat.

Looks like more walls for DCA. I am glad to see it being re-done. It really needs a face lift.

BrerGnat
06-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Glad to hear about this. That Burger Invasion place was just an atrocity. And, for whatever reason, even though it's the "same", the pizza at POMM never was quite as good as the stuff over at Redd Rocket's. Not sure why, but we were pretty turned off by Pizza Oom Mow Mow the one time we ate there. Pizza was old, stale tasting, and cold. :ack: In contrast, we love Redd Rocket's...never had a bad meal there.

I am sad to hear that the SS Rustworthy is going away. My sons like to play there. :(

I think the new place sounds lovely, though, and it's located right near all my kid's favorite rides. :thumbsup: