PDA

View Full Version : "Give Kids The World" Needs Our Help

Ed
06-20-2010, 08:34 AM
The story of Give Kids The World begins with a little girl with a wish and the desire of one man to make that wish come true.

The little girl's name was Amy. Amy had leukemia and one wish - to visit the theme parks in Orlando. To facilitate Amy's wish, the request of a complimentary stay was made to a respected hotelier. As he had done many times before, the hotelier gladly obliged and Amy's wish was that much closer to being realized. Sadly, the remainder of Amy's travel plans took too long to arrange and her wish was never granted; Amy had passed away. Time simply ran out.

This unfulfilled wish inspired a man, the hotelier, to make a vow that no child in need would ever be failed again. That man was Henri Landwirth and his desire to ensure that Amy's story would never repeat itself is where the story of Give Kids The World begins.

GKTW, a non-profit organization, has applied to the Pepsi company to participate in a competition for $250,000 to help refurbish their Village in Kissimmee through Pepsi's "Refresh Everything" program.

They are currently at #10, which means they stand to get $0. You can help by voting for them once a day, every day from now until the end of the month. Click here to go to the voting site (http://www.refresheverything.com/givekidstheworld).

For more info about GKTW and to learns how you can help them outside this particular program, visit their website, www.gktw.org

C'mon, Intercotees - - let's work some magic! :pixie:

:thumbsup:

Jeri
06-20-2010, 10:15 AM
I just voted and put a link to it on my twitter page too. This is a great cause and I do hope we can get them the money.

Thanks Ed for posting this.:thumbsup:

jodijo
06-20-2010, 10:59 AM
I voted too. :number1:
I also posted it to Facebook so that my friends can vote also.

Madame Leona
06-20-2010, 11:00 AM
I voted. Thank you for sharing this and giving everyone a chance to help.

forever a child
06-20-2010, 11:33 AM
voted and shared on FB page:thumbsup:

Ed
06-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Thanks, folks! You're the greatest. :thumbsup:

We've got to keep the interest up. Disabled kids and their families are counting on us.

Let's spread the info far and wide, and get those votes rolling in daily.

BTW, if anybody's wondering, I have no connection with GKTW other than as a local resident who greatly admires and respects their work.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-20-2010, 10:00 PM
I just voted and put it on FB too. Come on everyone; vote!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-21-2010, 06:28 PM
I just cast my vote for today AND posted both links on Facebook AND emailed all my friends to sign up and vote. How about you? Have you voted yet today?

Ed
06-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Yep, I've voted every day. :)

But they're still in 10th place. :(