PDA

View Full Version : Rain last night!

LauraByTheSea
06-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Totally got rained out last night in MK! It's never rained like that when I've gone before. Doesn't bother me because I live in FL, but we missed the Electric Parade!

Was anyone else there last night for the monsoon?

Strmchsr
06-20-2010, 09:08 AM
That's the joy of Florida in the summer, right? Sea breeze thunderstorms kicked up big time last night. The thunderstorms aren't uncommon. It's predicting the timing of them that's so frustrating (and pretty much impossible). Sorry you missed the parade.

Jillirose
06-20-2010, 11:49 AM
We had rain and weather in the 30s 40s in FEB, but had a lot of fun in between :D

Daisy'sMom
06-20-2010, 12:11 PM
I was watching the local weather and noticed that the rain was over at Disney. My first thought was about the parade. We had storms but they moved inland quickly and seemed to stay there. Sorry you missed the parade.:mickey:

SandmanGStefani24
06-20-2010, 12:55 PM
We had rain and weather in the 30s 40s in FEB, but had a lot of fun in between :D

Hey us too!! You know, we still had a blast! The main advantage is we knew the rain was comming so we were not only prepared, but werne't bummed when it happened. Wish we had known about the 30 degree weather though! :D At least I bought a really cool long sleeve shirt to keep warm.

BellesRose
06-20-2010, 12:56 PM
I'm a couple hours away and I think we got your rain...it started through the night and it's still going!

Tigerinvestigator
06-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Should have called Strmchsr, he's the resident expert on WDW/Weather LOL. Looking back most of my fondest memories of WDW involve torrential downpours. I remember one year in March it didn't stop raining for all five of our days there. We went through a dozen ponchos and put one over our whole stroller. But I have nothing but great memories of the rain. Nothing like stepping in knee deep water in WS near France or Fantasyland near Peter Pan and walking around with wet socks the rest of the day LOL!

PopPhan
06-21-2010, 08:31 PM
I think the rain is one of the things that hooked me on WDW....Our first trip was in late-September 2003, just about a week after Tropical Storm Isabella had come up the Susquehanna Valley and did some moderate damage and flooding...The first evening we were in MK heading into Liberty Square on our way back to Main Street when the clouds parted...Ducking under awnings and overhangs as the 'streets' filled with rainwater, I just started laughing...After the TS at home, a little gullywasher like that was not about to 'dampen' my spirits!!