PDA

View Full Version : Evening EMH at Epcot

Disneymom4ever
06-20-2010, 06:45 AM
We are planning on doing the evening EMH at Epcot, and was wondering- is everything open as far as stores in the countries, or is it just the certain rides left open? We never seem to be able to finish Epcot in one day, and I thought that would help if we could still tour the countries then. We're going Christmas week, and we could use all the help we can get, lol! Thanks for your help! :mickey:

KAT1811
06-20-2010, 11:35 AM
I'm not positive since it has been quite a while since we have done Epcot EMH but from what I do recall the coutries were all fully functioning.

MCeee
06-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Ditto... we found most things remained open in WS. In fact, last September... after spending the first hour or two of EMH touring around the countries, we decided to go back to Future World and ride some rides. The wait times were horrendous! Worse than during the prime time of mid-afternoon. So we went back to WS and shopped.

Disneymom4ever
06-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Thank you, that's good to know about the lines. At least now we'll have an idea what to expect. I'm sure it will be a madhouse being Christmas week, but at least we will have more time to shop, etc. That is one big park to do in one day! :mickey:

pixiesmimi
06-21-2010, 02:21 PM
The last time we did EEH at Epcot, I had intended to do some shopping and see the countries after dark but after Illuminations, all the shops were closed and it was dark over in the World Showcase. The rides on the other side were open but we weren't interested in those that late. I was very disappointed.

Scorpiosammy
06-21-2010, 02:49 PM
That has been my experience as well. I have done the EMH at Epcot twice (once during the Summer and once during the Christmas holidays). Both times it was the same: The WS basically shut down right after Illuminations and only a few rides in FW were open. Very strange indeed :secret:

There is going to be another EMH at Epcot during our trip this September so we will check it out and report back. Hopefully it stays open :mickey:

Tekneek
06-21-2010, 02:53 PM
I appreciate these reviews. If it is drawing a large number of people w/ limited attractions/stores/etc to keep them occupied, I may plan to avoid it.

Mammabruski
06-21-2010, 10:25 PM
I was looking at Info Central and according to the information found there here are the attractions for EMH in the evenings at Epcot:

El Rio del Tiempo (Mexico)
Honey, I Shrunk the Audience
Journey Into Imagination With Figment
Living with the Land
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Kidcot Fun Stops remain open until 11PM
American Adventure
Maelstrom (Norway)
Mission: SPACE
Soarin'
O Canada!
Spaceship Earth
Test Track

According to another planning site, these dining locations are open during EMH in the evening at Epcot:

ˇ Bistro de Paris
ˇ Boulangerie Patisserie (France)
ˇ Cantina de San Angel (Mexico)
ˇ Chefs de France (France)
ˇ Electric Umbrella (Future World)
ˇ Harry Ramsden (United Kingdom)
ˇ Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe (Norway)
ˇ Lotus Blossom Café (China)
ˇ Outpost
ˇ Refreshment Port
ˇ Rose & Crown Pub & Dining Room
ˇ San Angel Inn (Mexico)
ˇ Sommerfest (Germany)
ˇ Sunshine Seasons (The Land)
ˇ Tangierine Cafe (Morocco)
ˇ Yakitori House

My guess is that since the Kidcot Fun Stops are open until 11pm, most of WS should be open until at least then as well.... same with the restaurants. It would be a huge bummer if WS shops close after illuminations!

I'd like to know for sure as well, as we'll be going to WDW for a short stint and one of our two nights will be spent at Epcot for EMH...