PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast at Tusker House or Cinderella's Royal Table?

mrmcgiv
06-20-2010, 12:49 AM
We are not on the dining plan this time but still want to do a few character meals. We will go to Crystal palace for lunch or dinner and one other character meal. We will be paying out of pocket and can't decide between CRT for Breakfast or Tusker House for Breakfast?

Kids: 9YO girl - 6YO boy and 2 adults

The princess phase is LONG over, but we never went to CRT in any previous trip. We did go to Akershus and 1900 Park Fare.

I am estimating the cost of CRT will be $110 and Tusker House will be $80

We will do a few other TS (WCC, Beirgarten and 50's) but probably no other character dining.

opinions?

Is the castle worth it just to say we went there? Tusker house would probably be more fun but is CRT something most people want to do once?

Also what characters are at CRT for B-fast? And is it correct that tax AND gratuity is included in the price quoted for CRT Breakfast ($31.99/adult and $21.99/kid)?

Thanks

Fastpasssteve
06-20-2010, 03:09 AM
Tusker House for breakfast is great, especially if you want to be one of the first ones on the Kilimanjaro Safari.

However, there is something special about dining in the castle itself. It would be a memory that would never fade. I've heard the breakfast there is very good...better than lunch or dinner if food is a factor.

Enjoy your trip!

DizneyRox
06-20-2010, 06:51 AM
Who told you the breakfast at CRT was good?

If you want a good breakfast, I think Donalds can't be beat on property. The selection is tops, it's tasty, and service has always been good for us.

We did the castle a few times, and dinner has been much better than breakfast. The breakfast was pretty much the same overcooked eggs and soggy bacon you can get everywhere else (i.e. Ohanas, WCC, Sunshine Seasons, etc). It's the most overrated meal on property.

That said, there is something to be said about eating in the castle. I'd do it for dinner though, not breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day after all. You want to start the day right.

We have Donalds booked several times for upcoming trip, didn't even try for CRT (breakfast, lunch, or dinner).

pox24
06-20-2010, 07:16 AM
Tuskers:thumbsup:

retiredfigment
06-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Tuskers. We were on the DDP and I can say I finally ate in the Castle, but it was a little too crowded for my liking and though it was dinner, just so-so. What about Crystal Palace with Pooh?

Jared
06-20-2010, 08:07 AM
I agree that Tusker House is likely the best character breakfast on property and certainly a better overall experience than Cinderella's Royal Table.

I totally understand the allure of eating a meal in the castle. It's an enchanting experience all Disney fans should consider trying at least once. But given the choice between the two restaurants you mentioned, I think skipping Tusker House would be a mistake.

In my experience, Cindy's is best for lunch. That's a future option for you and your family.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-20-2010, 08:29 AM
We loved breakfast at Tusker House! Breakfast at CRT was good, but no where near as good as Tusker House.

If you want to eat in the Castle, go for CRT, just to say you did it. But, if you're just feeling like you *should* want to eat in the Castle, then go for Tusker House.

The food is better, the character interaction better and we had great service.

Yes, the price for CRT includes tips, etc. The princesses seem to change a bit, we've seen Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White, Belle and Jasmine, but on the trip before that I think there were fewer - maybe just Cinderella, Aurora and Snow White.

We won't be going back to CRT this trip, but Tusker House is still on the list.

mrmcgiv
06-20-2010, 09:24 AM
I misspoke there a bit-Iam thinking CRT becasue I feel I 'should' -not so I can say I did. Thanks for the input.

We loved breakfast at Tusker House! Breakfast at CRT was good, but no where near as good as Tusker House.

If you want to eat in the Castle, go for CRT, just to say you did it. But, if you're just feeling like you *should* want to eat in the Castle, then go for Tusker House.

The food is better, the character interaction better and we had great service.

Yes, the price for CRT includes tips, etc. The princesses seem to change a bit, we've seen Cinderella, Aurora, Snow White, Belle and Jasmine, but on the trip before that I think there were fewer - maybe just Cinderella, Aurora and Snow White.

We won't be going back to CRT this trip, but Tusker House is still on the list.

moe513
06-20-2010, 01:48 PM
We have done both. We actually did both last trip to wdw. My family much prefers CRT. We like the food alot. Overall its my familes favorite TS meal in all WDW.
Tusker house has very good food but its a buffet and cant compare to a sit down inmy opinion. Unfortunately , when we went to TH we had a ****** table and not the best overall experience. I think my kids have forgotten the whole thing.

alaMode
06-20-2010, 10:33 PM
They were both good, but very different!

CRT offered 2 choices: a typical eggs/sausage/potatoes(?) entree, or a stuffed french toast and fruit entree that both DS and I chose. I thought it was very good, and I especially enjoyed being served (as any princess would!)

Cinderella was in the lobby for photos and autographs, but she didn't appear in the restaurant. Each princess was formally announced and came to each table. We met Snow White, Aurora, Belle, and Ariel. It was very calm and orderly because each princess followed the exact same path around the room. The room itself is very small compared to other venues and that adds to the quiet (for WDW) atmosphere.

We sat at a table for 2 that overlooked the carousel and it was so lovely! The park wasn't open yet and it was very peaceful.

Everything was included in the price, including the photo with Cinderella, which came out very cute!

I'm very happy we went, but we probably won't do it again.

DSB is a buffet with LOTS of choices, but that also makes it a little more chaotic.

The food was yummy, but I can't remember exactly what I ate because DS was so preoccupied with catching all the characters.

Just like CRT, Donald was outside for photos (but no autographs) and inside we met Daisy, Goofy, and Mickey.

This was the second time we've gone to this breakfast. The first time our table was VERY far away from the buffet area and it detracted from the experience. This time we were more centrally located and it made it so much easier to navigate the buffet and not worry so much about missing characters.

We may do this again because it's just so nice to have breakfast before the park opens and walk right out and be iin the middle of everything!

So, LONG story short: I would try both meals at least once!

MinniesMom
06-21-2010, 12:10 AM
Since everyone has different tastes and opinions, I think that if you are curious about it (CRT) then you should try it. We've been there once. One daughter loved it but the other could care less. The food wasn't all that memorable but the experience was. Since it seems to be the "creme de la creme" of Disney character meals, I'm glad that we tried it once although, we probably won't do it again in the future.

pixiesmimi
06-21-2010, 09:26 PM
We loved Tusker House and there were a lot of characters there. Food was great as was the service. We were out in time to make the first Lion King Show (they gave us fast passes for it at Tusker House). I have always wanted to eat again at the castle to say I have but DH thinks it is too expensive for what you get. Of course, he is just thinking about the food. You can see the princesses at 1900 Park Fair, too. I would go for TH and eat another time at the castle if it is a must.