PDA

View Full Version : Mansions at POR--which one?

beksy
06-20-2010, 12:35 AM
We are going to be staying at POR in October and are hoping for the mansion section. We stayed in alligator bayou in January and want to try the other section. For those who have stayed in this section, which mansion is most convenient to the buses, food court, etc? How do you like this area? Any suggestions are appreciated! Almost down to double digits! :party:

Harriet
06-20-2010, 12:45 PM
I have stayed in Oak Manner and liked it very much. Not that far to either the bus or food Court. This time I am hoping for Magnolia Terrace. I tries Bayues and did not like it much at all. Now I need to be where there are elevators since climing stair is out. Since you cannot be sure what floor they will put you on. I am asking for top floor at the Mansion. The grounds here are lovely. I enjoy just walking around the grounds early in the morning with a cup of coffee or tea and sometimes in the evning. I hope they have the campfire when I go this time they did not have it the last time I stayed here it is a new service they have started. Be sure and catch the Bob Jackson show in the loungh.

Pigtunia
06-21-2010, 02:21 PM
We normally stayed in the Bayou (14 or 18), but last trip we were in Acadian House, and we found its location to be perfect: its not too far from the main building, and it's right next to the North Bus Depot.

Now that we're <sort of> mansion converts, we're hoping to be in Acadian this November, too.

andmomlau
06-21-2010, 08:19 PM
We stayed there years ago when it was Dixie Landings and we were always in the Mansions and loved it. We went back 2 summers ago with our daughter was 22 at the time. We were in the mansions but at the VERY back...it was soooooo far from the food court, restaurant, boats, everything!!! It may have been the South Depot...I'm not sure!!! It was right next to the Bayou section. It just seemed like it took forever to walk to the main building...if you can get closer to the main building it's much better....good luck!

disneymom2000
07-13-2010, 11:12 AM
When I stayed here - we were in Magnolia Terrace. We stayed closer to the back parking lot which was terrific. Since we didn't stay a lot in our room, we really didn't care about the view, but in the evening when we were dead tired, we got off at the East Bus Depot and it literally took us less than 1 minute to get to our room. Then we would go down the North stairs in the morning (they do have elevators in the middle of the mansions) and walk the path to the dining hall. We had the best of both worlds at this Mansion.

Ricbr
07-14-2010, 01:16 PM
When I stayed here - we were in Magnolia Terrace. We stayed closer to the back parking lot which was terrific. Since we didn't stay a lot in our room, we really didn't care about the view, but in the evening when we were dead tired, we got off at the East Bus Depot and it literally took us less than 1 minute to get to our room. Then we would go down the North stairs in the morning (they do have elevators in the middle of the mansions) and walk the path to the dining hall. We had the best of both worlds at this Mansion.

I was in the same section....I have stayed in the mansions 2 times and walked all around them. This back area of Magnolia Terrace is a Gem. From the East Bus Depot it was the shortest walk back to our rooms. Great when we had 2 smalls boys that were exhausted and couldnt stay up any longer. During the days when we came back for a mid afternoon break it was also incredible because we were right near one of the quiet pools. For trips to the dining hall it was just a short hop over the ole man Island bridges and you were eating breakfast.

It really is a great spot.

This year (July 31st) we are staying in the bayou because we had another son since our last visit and could make use of the Trundle beds. Hopefully we get a great spot there. Any thoughts or recommendations about the Bayou that you can pass on to me?

iheartdisney
07-16-2010, 11:15 AM
We stayed in Bldg. 18 (for only one night) for our trip last year. It's very close to the food court and appeared to be centrally located for other amenities, as well.