PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia

ryca1dreams
06-19-2010, 09:34 AM
Does anyone know of a nice beer garden/pub type place in downtown Philadelphia (or within a short commute) - not a blaring sports bar though. How about any restaurant recommendations.

Also, besides the well-known attractions, anything else I might want to look for? It's been awhile since I've been there.

Thanks in advance.

SBETigg
06-19-2010, 05:22 PM
I was asking for advice on Philadelphia not too long ago. This thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=167842&highlight=philadelphia) might help.

NJGIRL
06-22-2010, 11:40 AM
What section of town will you be in? My sister lives in Philly and they go out every week and just about only go to pubs so they know alot of places to go for beer and good food that are not expensive. We were just at a place called "Maggies" that was good. "Rotten Ralph's" also comes to mind. These are not fancy restaurants but places for a good meal at a decent price. Let me know where you will be and I will get a list for you. Mama Maria's is a wonderful place for a "real" Italian food. It is a set price menu and has something like 7 courses.

When are you going? I can let you know what special events will be going on.

SBETigg
06-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Who could pass up a visit to a place called Rotten Ralph's? :D I'm adding it to my list for future visits.

NJGIRL
06-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Who could pass up a visit to a place called Rotten Ralph's? :D I'm adding it to my list for future visits.

Homemade Mac & Cheese, need I say more :D

CPT Trips
06-25-2010, 02:02 AM
Although Phila has a host of great, great not just good, beer establishments, there is only one German place. Brauhaus Schmitz on South Street.

If you are into Belgium style places, check out Monk's Cafe or Eulogy.

All are downtown . . . and there are tons more.

NJGIRL
06-25-2010, 07:04 AM
If you are into Belgium style places, check out Monk's Cafe or Eulogy.

Monk's is a place my sister & BIL often go to also.

NJGIRL
06-25-2010, 07:14 AM
Also, besides the well-known attractions, anything else I might want to look for? It's been awhile since I've been there.

If you never have done the Lights of Liberty Tour that is something you should try.

ryca1dreams
06-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Thanks everyone.

I will be staying in the middle of downtown. I don't think I'll have a chance to wander too far.

NJGIRL
06-26-2010, 01:53 PM
The Lights of Liberty Tour is right next door to Independence Hall. Across the street is a really good gelati shop.

CPT Trips
06-27-2010, 01:48 PM
Thanks everyone.

I will be staying in the middle of downtown. I don't think I'll have a chance to wander too far.

Let us know where you are staying and we might be able to direct you to the closest places.

magicalmom
06-27-2010, 08:30 PM
The Franklin Institute, which is quite wonderful, will have a Cleopatra exhibit through the end of the year.

We also did the ghost walk, which was fun and campy, but also historically informative.

You haven't lived if you haven't seen the restrooms at Paradigm (restaurant and bar)

DisneyDog
07-06-2010, 10:08 AM
We like Downey's Irish Pub, at the end of South Street, down by the river (corner of Front and South). Good food, too.