PDA

View Full Version : DDP Question

valerie923
06-19-2010, 02:44 AM
I was wondering if my son (who'll be 10 when we leave) would be able to order from a kids menu even though the dining plan considers him an adult. He can be a picky eater sometimes.

tadshome
06-19-2010, 03:56 AM
In most places they will let him and are very understanding. My son is 13 and still a picky eater and he often ordered from the kids menu and when the food came out it was an adult portion of the kids meal :mickey:

Strmchsr
06-19-2010, 07:34 AM
Yes, he can, but you're still charged an adult credit for him. If you don't think you're DS will eat off the DDP you might consider not using it and going OOP. We definitely decided once our DS hit 10 that the DDP wasn't worth it anymore partly for that reason.

DizneyRox
06-19-2010, 07:38 AM
Yes, he can, but you're still charged an adult credit for him. If you don't think you're DS will eat off the DDP you might consider not using it and going OOP. We definitely decided once our DS hit 10 that the DDP wasn't worth it anymore partly for that reason.
Correct, there's a huge price difference between the child and adult dining plans. The choices and "quality" of the food is reflective of that. I wouldn't pay for the adult plan at $40 knowing that i was only ordering $20 in food. That $20 down the toilet every day.

Pirate Granny
06-19-2010, 10:57 AM
This is especially true for the buffets as you are paying for an adult fare and your son would probably only eat off the children's table...For value, I would stay away from buffets until he would 'eat' worth what they are charging. Very cost effective when they are under ten.
:pirate:

#1disneyfan
06-19-2010, 12:00 PM
They do let you order from the kids menu. We had the same problem with our DD when she was just into the adult pricing on the DDP. Looking back now, it would have been cheaper to pay OOP and not do the DDP. However for us, it was easier to in a sense pre-pay for our meals. Now our DD is 14 and orders from the adult menu and likes the variety.