PDA

View Full Version : Banked and Borrowed Points

eeyore27
06-18-2010, 07:07 PM
I currently have a 2 bedroom booked :cloud9:with my banked and curret use year's points. I then borrowed from the next year to book a studio. If for some reason I would need to cancel the studio, can member services re-allocate my points so that my 2 bedroom is booked by my banked and borrowed points. Then I could bank the current year points.

Does this make any sense to anyone? Any insight would be great with this situation.

WRWDisney
06-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Borrowing points is a final transaction. Once you have borrowed them into the use year needed for the studio stay, they have to be used before that use year ends.

However, what you are asking should be possible, but they may not be able to re-allocate. They may need to rebook (with the associated risk of loosing the room).

I am pretty positive that all of that is correct. I am sure if not, someone will come along and correct me;)

DizneyRox
06-18-2010, 07:28 PM
As mentioned, banking/borrowing is a final transaction. BUT... Here's what you do...

You would need to cancel the 2 bedroom and the studio. If you rebook the 2 bedroom, they SHOULD be able to book it using the borrowed points, and the you can bank the current years points.

You need to ask the member rep to be sure they can do this and there is probably a risk that the 2 bedroom isn't available (although small risk).

Once banked, the current year points can't be used this year and will expire at the end of next.