PDA

View Full Version : Kid food at Sunshine Seasons

Ropachs
06-18-2010, 01:40 PM
I've got two picky eaters, but I want to eat lunch at Sunshine Seasons! Other than the 4 kids meals listed here on Intercot, are there any other options? I'm looking for a PBJ, hot dog, or chicken....
Thanks!

BrerGnat
06-18-2010, 02:20 PM
They have pb&j (uncrustables) in a cold boxed lunch for kids. It comes with fruit and a drink.

As far as chicken, there is no FRIED chicken, but they can get rotisserie chicken or sweet and sour chicken stir fry from the counters in there. No hot dogs.

There is also mac and cheese at the soup counter.

Basket Mommy
06-18-2010, 05:48 PM
Kids' selections are:

*Smucker's Uncrustable PB&J kit $4.49 (@ the Grab & Go location)

*Chicken leg w/ mashed potatoes & drink $6.49 (@ the grill station)

*Make your own mini-sub + drink $4.99 (@ sandwich station)

*Mac & cheese w/ drink $4.99 (@ soup station)

*Sweet & sour chicken w/ drink $6.49 (@ Asian station)

If I remember correctly, the kids can also choose a dessert if you're on the dining plan. I think there's applesauce and some fruit (grapes, melon, etc) and cookies, but I can't remember if they can choose adult desserts or not. I think there is a limited selection for kids.

BrerGnat
06-18-2010, 11:34 PM
Just so you know too, at some of the stations, you can get a kid's portion of ANY of the items. Like, at the Asian stir fry station, my son got noodles and stir fried veggies, because he doesn't like sweet and sour chicken. You can choose any entree and one side, and they'll put it on a kid's plate. Same for the soup station. You can get a kid's soup portion instead of Mac and Cheese.

Fastpasssteve
06-19-2010, 12:07 AM
If they wanted chicken nuggets (or its equivalent) you could go to the Asian station and get the Sweet and Sour Chicken with the sauce on the side. The kids can dip in it or not...or even get some ketchup if they desire. Some of the food has very few components...sometimes kids like things if they can tell what's in it by looking and if it tastes like it looks. There's yogurt and carrot sticks and all sorts of simple foods. But, you could force them to eat a piece of chocolate cake, if push came to shove.

5togetherWDW
06-20-2010, 06:48 PM
My picky eaters only really do the bake shop foods here. While many people enjoy having the more varied menu -- I wish one of the stations was more traditional park fare (Hot dogs, Corn dogs, Pizza, etc. -- even the old BBQ station with its corn on the cob.)
We now can only do breakfasts or a snack (cake, pie, ice cream, etc) for the whole family.

BrerGnat
06-20-2010, 09:23 PM
My picky eaters only really do the bake shop foods here. While many people enjoy having the more varied menu -- I wish one of the stations was more traditional park fare (Hot dogs, Corn dogs, Pizza, etc. -- even the old BBQ station with its corn on the cob.)
We now can only do breakfasts or a snack (cake, pie, ice cream, etc) for the whole family.

I agree with this. I know it's because the pavilion wants to focus on healthy/fresh foods, but they COULD easily offer a grilled cheese, for example, at the sandwich place. Or even something like a kid's turkey and cheese wrap. We also had a hard time here. We have TWO picky eaters who don't like the same things (fun, I know). This was the only place in Epcot that offered Mac and Cheese, which one of my sons lives on, but they didn't have ANYTHING here that my other son would eat. One day for lunch, he ended up eating applesauce and chocolate milk. We had to split up for CS meals in Epcot a few times; me taking one DS over to Electric Umbrella for chicken nuggets while DH took our other son to SS for mac and cheese...