PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional

eeyorepoohfan
06-17-2010, 06:24 PM
:mickey:I am looking for any tips my fellow Intercot member might have! My DH and I went to WDW last December 10-15th and did not get to see the Candlelight Processional. The line was horribly long! I really don't want to do the dinner package since we don't usually do TS to save money, we go on a tight budget. We are trying to schedule a trip for this December, around the same dates as last year. What suggestions/tips do you guys have on being able to see this amazing show without waiting for hours! How early should we realistically plan on being in line? We did see part of it while standing in front of the America Pavilion and it was amazing. Our plan for this trip is to slow down a bit (we are park commandos) and want to enjoy many of the things we missed last year! Thanks!:mickey:

DDuck66
06-17-2010, 06:36 PM
Unfortunatley even the line for those with the special dinner package seating gets quite long. If you are set on not doing the dinner package you had better plan on getting in line at least two hours before the show. We always do the dinner package and still get in line an hour before the show so that we can get up close and personal. I have heard that you can sit at the tables across the way and really enjoy the music, but you would not get a good view. Do the dinner package..it is well worth it!!! IMHO!

Strmchsr
06-17-2010, 06:55 PM
You really have 2 choices if you want to see the show - get in line 2-3 hours before the show starts or do the dinner package. Usually by an hour before the show starts the line will stretch back to Italy or Germany and you'll be waiting for the next show after the one about to start. So, you just have to pay for the dinner or camp out. I suppose another solution would be to buy the CD and listen to it at home. No waiting at all! :mickey:

eeyorepoohfan
06-17-2010, 07:22 PM
I guess I'll have to talk to my DH to see what he wants to do. I don't know that he would want to stand there for 2-3 hours before the show. But then if we do the dinner package, I'm sure our dinner will be a couple hours before the show starts and still have to be there early. Decisions decisions! So no matter what we will have to set aside a chunk of time to see the show. Is there a better show time to try for? We caught the beginning of the first show hanging out in front of the American Pavillion. Are the lines about the same for each show?

Strmchsr
06-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Are the lines about the same for each show?

Lines tend to be about the same for each show. Now, one option they opened up last year is you can do lunch instead of supper, which would be a cheaper TS option. You don't have to eat just before the show. For some of the packages you eat after the show, but just be aware there are different options. I generally try to see the first show when possible. No specific reason.

faline
06-17-2010, 07:47 PM
I've only seen the complete Candlelight Processional twice. The first time, we were able to get seats at the last minue. BUT....and this is a big BUT...it happened to be an evening that had turned very cold which I think, kept many folks away.

The last time we went to the Candlelight Processional, we did go as part of the dining add on. Still, I found, we needed to get on line as soon as the first show started (We were slated for the second show). The time in line, however, passed quite quickly as we enjoyed listening to the music from the first performance and talking with others who were on-line with us.

A couple of other times, we've managed to catch glimpses of the performance from outside the theater and from behind the large group of standing room only folks at the back of the theater.

I think your major choices here are: wait on line to get in or budget for the table service meal. Best of luck to you!

mattandmandy
06-17-2010, 10:34 PM
We saw it 2 years ago (Neil Patrick Harris) and booked the dinner package. Even with that...as someone else mentioned...we got in line about an hour before it started. So i guess if you want a seat its stand in line at least an hour with or without the dinner reservations. :mickey:

Camping Mom
06-18-2010, 01:23 AM
This last Christmas we decided NOT to do the package and got in line about 1 hour before in the stand by line for the EARLIEST show. We got right in even though it was a little further back. The line was incredibly long for the later shows, but it was great for us at the early show. Now, that being said, we went the day AFTER Christmas so maybe that made a difference.

eeyorepoohfan
06-18-2010, 01:20 PM
:mickey:Maybe my DH and I could grab some yummy pastries in France and get in line 1 1/2 hours before the first show and see what happens! The thought of waiting 2-3 hours is somewhat daunting! I guess we could see how our day at EPCOT is going and decide from there.

Since we will likely be in line for a while, is it ok if one of needs to use the restroom to get out of line and back in a few minutes later while the other holds our spot? I don't want people to think we are line jumping! But I swear as soon as you tell me I can't go to the restroom for a while, I need to go!:blush:

:mickey:How long is the show?

faline
06-18-2010, 01:24 PM
:
Since we will likely be in line for a while, is it ok if one of needs to use the restroom to get out of line and back in a few minutes later while the other holds our spot? ...
:mickey:How long is the show?

That certainly is permissable.

As I recall, the show is about an hour & 15 to an hour and half.

eeyorepoohfan
06-18-2010, 01:59 PM
:mickey:Thanks! Good to know restroom breaks are allowed!!! :D

I didn't realize it was such a long show! But from what I saw of it, it would be worth it! Thanks for all of the info everyone!:thumbsup:

Joannelet
06-18-2010, 10:55 PM
I performed in this show as a cast member. :) Just remember the dining package people are GUARANTEED seating. The people on standby only get to sit if there are seats available. So some of those people that are standing on line for hours not on the dining package may not get in (or have to wait to the next show). (depending on how many packages are sold for that night and time).
I have also been on the end of the line with a dining package and still got a seat up front and I had a party of 9 people sitting together. We still had great seats.
The show is beautiful :) You will enjoy it!! Hope you get a seat! :)
I just found all my music sheets from my practices the other day :) It was a great experience :)

eeyorepoohfan
06-21-2010, 01:50 PM
I performed in this show as a cast member. :) Just remember the dining package people are GUARANTEED seating. The people on standby only get to sit if there are seats available. So some of those people that are standing on line for hours not on the dining package may not get in (or have to wait to the next show). (depending on how many packages are sold for that night and time).
I have also been on the end of the line with a dining package and still got a seat up front and I had a party of 9 people sitting together. We still had great seats.
The show is beautiful :) You will enjoy it!! Hope you get a seat! :)
I just found all my music sheets from my practices the other day :) It was a great experience :)

That's awesome that you were a part of the show! I guess my hubby and I will really have to decide how we want to see it. Crunch some numbers and see what we can do. Well no matter what, we'll just be happy to be at WDW!!!!

Thank you everyone for your input!:thumbsup:

Humphrey
06-21-2010, 02:28 PM
I've done the waiting in line and the dining package. The first time I waited, I got in line as one show was just starting. I was still a ways back. But I did get in to the next show and as a bonus met a lot of really nice people waiting with me.

Last year we did the dining package (I was with a woman I wanted to impress). We had great seats and then a prime area for viewing the Christmas Illuminations show. It was reserved just for the dining package people. I'll do the dining package again this year. I think it is worth it. But I don't need to impress anyone this time.

bouncer
06-21-2010, 09:12 PM
I too think that it is worth the money to get a dining package. Our pick is the 2nd show at 6:45; have dinner beforehand and get in line right away. We make sure to get seats very close to the stage within a few rows. One year we had rain sprinkles and another year was very cold & windy. Being close to the stage under the pavillion sheltered us from the wind. There were a lot of people buying scarves & sweatshirts to stay warm. We had dressed warmly but were glad to be out of the wind. We have also stood back to watch the show but have decided that this is our favorite way. Our first time was Tier 1 at Biergarten. Not my favorite for food choices. Second time was the now closed Alfredo's in Tier 3. Good food but pricey. This time we opted for Tier 2 at Nine Dragons for a couple reasons. 1) we wanted a less expensive option and 2)we wanted to be close to the America Pavillion to get in line quickly. That was our lesson learned from the previous trips. Good luck with your decision.