PDA

View Full Version : Early Admission...How do they know?

familyof5
06-17-2010, 05:12 PM
Not sure if this is the right place to post this...

Our first trip will be Dec 5-12 and I'm wondering about getting into the parks early. I need to get into the park early for an ADR at the Crystal Palace...How DO I get into the park early? Do you have to show proof of the reservation or how does it work? AND...how soon before your reservation can you show up?? I'd love to get some pics of the castle while the park is pretty empty.

06-17-2010, 05:27 PM
There is a "special" turnstile gate at the far right side (East end) of the turnstiles that handles ADR's.

Generally speaking, entry not more than about 15 or 20 minutes prior to the ADR.

Getting a "clean"castle shot can be iffy, depending on what maint. work is being done in front of the Castle area. Some mornings there might be trucks parked in front until about 10 minutes or so before park opening.

#1donaldfan
06-17-2010, 05:42 PM
...just make sure you have your reservation number ... that's all you'll need....the street will be pretty empty, a few people milling around.....you should have a clear shot of the castle.....!!!:thumbsup:

gerald72
06-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Bring your reservation number and go to the turnstile on the far right. They'll let you walk down main street a few minutes early, along with folks going to cinderella's Royal table. I've never had anyone/ thing blocking my shots of the castle.
I usually make ADRs an hour before rope drop, and after breakfast we still have time to kill.

crltkcagle
06-18-2010, 09:53 AM
Last time they didn't even ask us for our conformation number. Just asked if we had early ADR and let us in. Its a great time to get pictures of Main Street because its pretty empty.

Gregandmel
06-18-2010, 11:32 AM
We had reservations at 8:05 am at Crystal Palace October 2008. We had to give them our name and our reservations were on a spreadsheet that the CM "checked off" and they let us in. Our last trip - April 2010 - we did the same thing but this time - they didn't have the spreadsheet, just asked us if we had early reservations and they let us in. I was quite surprised because I don't know how they would know if someone just faked it and went in early. However, at Animal Kingdom, we also had early reservations for Tusker House and they DID have a CM with the spreadsheet showing our reservation # and the # of guests. She had to check it before we were let in. So....not sure why it's different at the parks but that was our experience a few months ago. We were VERY lucky and got our party of 6 in front of the castle with NO ONE else in the photo. It's definitely a MAJOR keepsake for us! Enjoy!