PDA

View Full Version : Which Breakfast would you do?

DisneyMomx2
06-17-2010, 11:26 AM
We are currently booked to go to Chef Mickey's on our first full day at the World. We do this everytime we go. This time I was thinking of skipping Chef Mickey's and doing the Cape May Cafe instead. I haven't been there in about 9 years and my youngest has never been there for the character breakfast.

So now I am thinking "tradition" vs. "something different". What's your take?

Gibbs
06-17-2010, 11:33 AM
We always try to find something different to do everytime we go. For example, we love POR and normally we stay there everytime we go. We are now planning a weekend trip in September and are going to stay at CBR. I think it adds a little adventure to the trip and it keeps the Majic fresh. So I say go for the new experience.:thumbsup:

Skippy
06-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Tough call - we love Chef Mickey's, but last time we went there was no ADRs at Chef Mickey's, so we did Cape May.

The location wasn't nearly as chaotic as Chef Mickey's and the character interaction and our server were great! We did miss Mickey and the little Celebrate song they did.

I'd vote for Chef Mickey's to get everyone hyped up and in the mood.

DizneyRox
06-17-2010, 12:33 PM
If you don't have a car, an early morning Cape May timeslot may be very tough to get to.

Personally, I prefer Donald's Breakfast over at AK, if you have never been, it's FANTASTIC!

DisneyMomx2
06-17-2010, 02:34 PM
:thumbsup:
If you don't have a car, an early morning Cape May timeslot may be very tough to get to.

Personally, I prefer Donald's Breakfast over at AK, if you have never been, it's FANTASTIC!

OK, well you convinved me and now we are going to keep Chef Mickey's (as my girls are protesting ANY idea of cancelling that) and we just booked Donald's at the Animal Kingdom.

:) See how much I trust the opinions I get here?? lol

DizneyRox
06-17-2010, 02:58 PM
:thumbsup:

OK, well you convinved me and now we are going to keep Chef Mickey's (as my girls are protesting ANY idea of cancelling that) and we just booked Donald's at the Animal Kingdom.

:) See how much I trust the opinions I get here?? lol
Last time I was there, it was a little chaotic getting in, but the food was good, variety was outstanding and the characters were fantastic. They even do a little dance with the kids getting everyone involved! Great fun!

A lot of people have commented as the disorganized podium stand. Don't let that keep you away.

BluewaterBrad
06-17-2010, 03:09 PM
We love the Cape May breakfast. Much less noise. We do not have kids though.:mickey:

Jared
06-17-2010, 04:09 PM
I agree. Donald's Safari Breakfast is easily my favorite character meal on property. I don't think it's even close.

dlpmikki
06-17-2010, 04:42 PM
The character breakfast has improved loads since it moved to Tuisker from MacDonalds. I've booked to go again in October.

KAT1811
06-17-2010, 05:05 PM

We always take a cab to an early ADR at a resort. It's cheap and easy. No madness just jump in the taxi and go.

I would do Cape May over Chef Mickey's any day. the character interaction is wonderful and it is a lot less crazy. If it were me I would do Cape May on the day I was planning on going to Epcot and then just walk to epcot and enter at the International Gateway enterance.

tomatoe pie
06-18-2010, 10:23 AM
i think i have tried most of them.

i prefer cape may cafe, tusker house:mickey:, boma's, and kozzina's(spel?) at the boardwalk. the food at all four of these places is just great. you really can not beat boma but it is not a character breakfast. maybe it will be someday. kozzina is a sit down/order breakfast and just fantastic. the best pancakes you have ever eaten!:thumbsup:

the last trip i went to chef mickey's and crystal palace and had something very strange that they called corn beef hash:shake:. it did not taste like any cornbeef hash i have ever had and i thought was really bad.:(

brownie
06-20-2010, 10:21 PM
The breakfast at Cape May Cafe is our favorite. We've tried to make it there every trip.

kemps@wdw
06-23-2010, 11:04 PM
Chef Mickeys has always been our traditional character breakfast. But, for some reason, I'm kinda leaning towards trying the 1900
Park Fare this year. I've heard wonderful things about it, and looking forward to making this trip all about doing new things.

Fastpasssteve
06-25-2010, 02:59 AM
I guess it depends how much of a 'tradition' Chef Mickey is. Have you done it a couple of times, or have you done it for six or more visits in a row? Tradition can be a wonderful moment, the final cue that "we're really here at Disney!" But, it's always nice to mix it up...but maybe this isn't the right time.

However, if the kids are 'over' Chef Mickey, this might be a nice change. Also...consider this: Is it a special thing for the kids...or for you? And can you separate the two? And what is more important?

You be the judge. You should get a vote yourself...you are helping pay for the trip, after all.

beksy
06-25-2010, 10:08 AM
It sounds like Chef Mickey's is the official start of the trip so I would keep that. We tried Donald's safari last trip and really enjoyed that. Character interaction was great. Personally I would keep the Chef Mickeys and try to work in one of the others. I've never been to Cape May so I can't comment on it.

Chipanddale
08-26-2010, 12:15 AM
We always take a cab to an early ADR at a resort. It's cheap and easy. No madness just jump in the taxi and go.

I would do Cape May over Chef Mickey's any day. the character interaction is wonderful and it is a lot less crazy. If it were me I would do Cape May on the day I was planning on going to Epcot and then just walk to epcot and enter at the International Gateway enterance.

How much does it usually cost to use a taxi at WDW?

lighteningqueen
08-26-2010, 01:01 AM
Tusker Tusker Tusker hands down for any breakfast. Best flavor best wait staff best character interaction. Best park to be in early in the morning hearing all the birds and animals