PDA

View Full Version : What Sweet Potato Cart ???

Disney_Barbie
06-17-2010, 09:08 AM
Anyone else read the official 'Disney Parks Blog'? If so was anyone else confused by today's mention of a Frontierland Sweet Potato Cart under the subheading "Top 10 Quick Bites in the Walt Disney World Theme Parks"

It had me saying "WHAT SWEET POTATO CART???" It didn't give any other details, just that it was a seasonal cart in Frontierland. Anyone else know what this is talking about? I'd love to patron a sweet potato cart, but I've never seen or heard of it. Anyone know when it's in operation (what season(s)???) and where it's located when it is in operation???

snowflakegirl
06-17-2010, 09:52 AM
I also have never seen a sweet potato cart, but I would definitely frequent one were it available.

Hopefully someone can come along and tell us where (and when) to look.

SBETigg
06-17-2010, 10:13 AM
Maybe it replaced the McDonald's Fry Cart? It fits in with their goal to offer healthier alternatives, but I haven't seen it yet either. Sounds like their pushing to make it a Top Ten.

Scar
06-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Sweet potatoe's = :sick: :ack:

tyandskyesmom
06-18-2010, 12:42 PM
Maybe it replaced the McDonald's Fry Cart? It fits in with their goal to offer healthier alternatives, but I haven't seen it yet either. Sounds like their pushing to make it a Top Ten.

Nope...that is the Golden Oak Outpost I think...it has fried chicken sandwiches and things like that but no sweet potatoes, at least they didn't in April.

I'd like to know where it is too though...that is something we would check out!

BrerGnat
06-18-2010, 01:36 PM
I'd frequent a Sweet Potato FRIES cart. But, in general, I also think sweet potatoes = :ack:

MinnieMommie
06-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Maybe they are offering baked sweet potatoes in addition to the white baked potatoes where they sell them and the corn on the cob and pickles and a few other items. That would be a great way to add a healthy(ier) option to an already existing venue. Now sweet potatoes fries would also be nice...:mickey:

#1disneyfan
06-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Mmmmmm Sweet Potato Fries would be yummy!! :cloud9:

jrkcr
06-18-2010, 08:41 PM
I would love a baked sweet potato, with added toppings like cinnamon, butter, brown sugar, and pecans....:thumbsup:

Bethanymouse
06-18-2010, 11:30 PM
I have never seen the sweet potatoes. It did say on the blog that it was seasonal though...i think.

badkitty
06-19-2010, 01:58 AM
Maybe they are offering baked sweet potatoes in addition to the white baked potatoes where they sell them and the corn on the cob and pickles and a few other items. That would be a great way to add a healthy(ier) option to an already existing venue. Now sweet potatoes fries would also be nice...:mickey:

Is the white baked potato wagon still there? I haven't seen it in quite sometime. Maybe only during peak season?

DisneyOtaku
06-19-2010, 11:02 AM
I have never seen it, but will keep an eye out for it when I am there this upcoming week. I sure would love some sweet potato fries!

Fastpasssteve
06-20-2010, 03:13 AM
I just saw the sweet potato wagon described on the Disney Blog in an article entitled Top Ten Counter Service Bites...or something like that. I've never seen it, either.

TinkerbellsMom
06-20-2010, 11:55 AM
We were there in May and saw no signs of sweet potatoes or baked potatoe carts...

Daisy'sMom
06-20-2010, 12:16 PM
We didn't see the cart a few weeks ago. And I would have found it if it offered baked sweet potatoes with cinnamon butter. Hmmmm.:mickey:

MinnieMommie
06-21-2010, 07:10 AM
Is the white baked potato wagon still there? I haven't seen it in quite sometime. Maybe only during peak season?

It's there whenever I go because I always get a baked potato and DH gets the corn on the cob. I was last there this past January and it was there then. It's in liberty Square in the MK. Not a cart but a larger covered area - they have fruit, pickles and a few other items - some outside seating. I face the Liberty Belle Riverboat launch when I sit to eat. DD was there last month. I think she said she got a baked potato but I'll ask. Hope this helps. :mickey:

Disney_Barbie
06-21-2010, 11:04 AM
I It's in liberty Square in the MK. Not a cart but a larger covered area - they have fruit, pickles and a few other items - some outside seating. I face the Liberty Belle Riverboat launch when I sit to eat. DD was there last month. I think she said she got a baked potato but I'll ask. Hope this helps. :mickey:

That's what I was thinking of too, but the disney blog specifically said it was in Frontierland ... maybe it was a typo on their end???

Hammer
06-21-2010, 11:24 AM
I think it is right by the transition from Liberty Square to Frontierland, so it is probably recognized as being in either area.

Pigtunia
06-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Sweet potato cart???
:party:

I want to go to there!

===================================
Yes, where EXACTLY and WHEN EXACTLY is this magical wonderful cart in operation? I know of the regular potato one, but THIS would be AMAZING!!!

Chic-a-pin
06-21-2010, 07:20 PM
We were just there last week, no Sweet Potato cart that I saw...

MinnieMommie
06-22-2010, 07:40 AM
I think it is right by the transition from Liberty Square to Frontierland, so it is probably recognized as being in either area.

That is how I would describe it's placement as well. I can see that someone might describe it as Frontierland. Is Liberty Sq a land? Hummm :mickey:

Pigtunia
06-23-2010, 05:03 PM
I've always thought of "Liberty Square" as a subset of Frontierland, not a true Land unto itself.

Disney_Barbie
06-30-2010, 12:40 PM

Ahhh, I always think of it as being in Liberty Square, but now that many have mentioned their point of view, that makes sence how we could infact all be thinking of the same place, even though we're describing it in different lands.

Sweet potato cart???
Yes, where EXACTLY and WHEN EXACTLY is this magical wonderful cart in operation? I know of the regular potato one, but THIS would be AMAZING!!!

But yes, like Pigtunia, I feel as though the original question is still a mystery! Do they sell sweet potoates @ that baked potato cart that is on the boarder of Frontierland & Liberty Square? Can anyone confirm ??? (I've gotten baked potatoes there many times before, but don't think the option of a sweet potato was ever available, perhaps it's a newer addition)