PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on Resort for 10th Anniversary!

finaldynasty
06-16-2010, 11:22 PM
My DW and I will celebrate our 10th anniversary next August in WDW. When we go down to the Kingdom next week it will be our 5th time in 6 years, but our first without our DKs. We stayed in three resorts (WL, POR, and CSR). What would be our suggesting either moderate or deluxe for a romantic three day getwaway? I want the Poly, and she would not mind going back to WL. We are open to any suggestions. Thank you in advance.

:mickey:

KAT1811
06-16-2010, 11:41 PM
I suppose i would say the Grand Floridian since it has the most romantic atmosphere to me. Second the Poly, third the Wilderness Lodge, fourth Coronado Springs.

All that being said i think any resort in WDW is special when celebrating 10 years with the love of your life. You really can't go wrong!!!

Happy Anniversary! :congrats: on 10 years!!!!

jmj18
06-17-2010, 06:45 AM
The Poly!!!!

:mickey:

DizneyRox
06-17-2010, 07:01 AM
I'm not a fan of the poly, and WL just wasn't my thing (I really need to give it another shot). You may find yourself spending time at Epcot, which would make the Boardwalk or Beach Club a good choice. There lots of great dining choices around the resorts and of course World Showcase.

The Grand is fine as well, although it's not for me. It does have a pretty nice "feel" around the grounds. If you can swing a MK view room over there you probably won't be disappointed.

MOJoe
06-17-2010, 10:18 AM
One way to think about it is to mimic your original honeymoon. If you spent your first nights in the mountains, then go to the Wilderness Lodge. If you went to the tropics then the Poly, or Carribean Beach. Mexico, Coronado Springs......... ect, ect.

You can "pretend" you're going back to That place. Nice. And very romantic.

buzz2001
06-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Csr!!

slegrant
06-17-2010, 11:57 AM
Grand Floridian gets my vote, my wife and I spent our anniversary there and it was fantastic. Our second choice would be the Wilderness Lodge and third would be the Polynesian. Happy Anniversary and have fun next week:mickey:

mickeefan
06-17-2010, 12:59 PM
We are huge fans of the Poly but in 2008 for our 50th anniversary we selected the Grand Floridian.
We received an upgrade and the staff was great.
It was the perfect trip for us.
Happy Anniversary and have a fantastic time.

KarenP
06-17-2010, 01:18 PM
I vote Poly!

azcavalier
06-17-2010, 02:57 PM
I vote Boardwalk. Very classy, nice entertainment on the Boardwalk at night, right next to the Epcot World Showcase and all of the great dining there. Perfect spot, perfect amenities.

Fastpasssteve
06-18-2010, 01:22 AM
I would definitely choose one of the three Monorail Resorts (Wilderness Lodge, Poly, or Grand Floridian). I'd definitely choose someplace you haven't yet stayed. You've also chosen a great time of year ($$$-wise) to stay at Disney; That is one of the value times of year. Good job!

The Poly is so romantic, but the Grand Floridian is so fantastic, luxurious. You can't go wrong.

Pirate Granny
06-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Rent points from a DVC member and stay in a mk facing studio at bay lake towers
:pirate:

andmomlau
06-19-2010, 10:40 PM
Like you, my husband and I have stayed at many resorts with our children who are now 24 and 22. We have stayed at POR, WL, POLY, several times. However, 3 years ago, when we went for our 25th anniversary, we "splurged" and stayed at Beach Club! It was awesome! We were so spoiled and we can't wait to go back again! I agree with the post above...you can walk to Epcot very easily from BC, the restaurants at the Resort and the BW are awesome and the pools are fantastic!!!! ENjoy and Congrats!

moe513
06-21-2010, 09:33 AM
you need to try an epcot resort. Either the YC,BC od BWI. We have tried them all and like BWI the best.

KAT1811
06-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Rent points from a DVC member and stay in a mk facing studio at bay lake towers
:pirate:

Sorry a bit :offtopic: but lately it has been cheaper for us to book OKW with WDW using our AP discount rather than renting points. So I guess my advice to anyone thinking of renting DVC check with MJ for all avaliable discounts first.

diz_girl
06-21-2010, 12:52 PM
For romance, I'd say Poly, WL and AKL. With the Poly, the theming is lush and tropical, but you're not as secluded as you would be at WL or AKL. At WL, I find the path to the boat dock to be romantic, as is Silver Creek in-between the lobby and the waterfall. With AKL, it seems like you're in a different world.