PDA

View Full Version : Who works for Disneyworld?

Camping Mom
06-16-2010, 10:08 PM
So many of you who post on here are soooo knowledgeable so it made me wonder how many of you actually work for Disneyworld and is it appropriate to tell what you do?

My DH and I laugh that we want to work there after retirement so it made me wonder how many of you might work there now.

(If it is inappropriate for me to ask this, I sincerely apologize.)

joanna71985
06-16-2010, 10:14 PM
I do. I've worked on and off at WDW for over 5.5 years now.

Camping Mom
06-16-2010, 10:18 PM
A sweet friend of ours worked there and was very close friends of :mickey2: :minnie2: and :stitch: but she left due to a life threatening problem. She always talked about how much she loved being there.

Ms. Mode
06-17-2010, 07:36 AM
My DH and I laugh that we want to work there after retirement so it made me wonder how many of you might work there now.

This is a standing agreement in my household too! :mickey:

retiredfigment
06-17-2010, 08:08 AM
I always wanted to retire to Florida and work at Disney. Son's only request - 'Mom, just don't be GOOFY.' Gotta love that kid;):haha:

SBETigg
06-17-2010, 08:26 AM
I want to retire and live at Disney, and vacation other places. I do not want to retire and work for Disney.

Camping Mom
06-18-2010, 01:19 AM
If I could, I would set up my trailer in Ft. Wilderness and my husband said he wants a "no stress" job and would wash off the camp sites as people leave!

In fact, what would be great, is if Disney built a campground JUST for employees to live in with trailers. You know they would have strict rules so it would stay clean and I am ok with that. But it would be so fun to live 6 months out of the year at a "Ft Wilderness" of our own, wouldn't it??? :thumbsup:

4disneynuts
06-19-2010, 10:49 AM
My DH and I also talk about living in Florida and working for disney 6 months of the year and live back home in Wisconsin for the other 6 months. Our kids think we are nuts but glad to hear others have the same idea!!

I love the idea of a campground for employees. If it happens we are there!:mjump:

jrkcr
06-19-2010, 12:01 PM
I'd like a job cleaning Main Street at night.

I like to clean, I like the parks at closing time, and Main Street is so pretty!

I'd live in the "employee campground" in my dream camper-a canned ham from the 50's or 60's. All decorated in Disney style!

What a great idea!

Can't wait till retirement!
Only 25 more years. :wait:

Camping Mom
06-21-2010, 12:26 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I know it will never happen because if another campground is built, Disney will make sure to set it up for as much money as they can make, but OHHHH, it would be fun to live at a Disney campground to call our own!!! I would soooo be there. Sounds like several of you would join me, too! :thumbsup:

Humphrey
06-21-2010, 02:35 PM
I've seen a MH at the same site for the past year. I was told yesterday that is where a Disney Seasonal employee stays. That there are one or two others there as well. I would think that they would be getting a break on the cost of the campsite. Otherwise it would be pretty much a wash between what they earn and what they pay to stay there.

Camping Mom
06-23-2010, 12:46 AM
I have a relative who works at Disney and I know what they make, so yes, a break in the price would be helpful. Hey, I could back my trailer into one of those spots and stay!! There are times when we are there that I don't even want to go to the parks. I just want to sit and relax in the best campground in the USA!! :cheer:

ShanPooh
06-23-2010, 05:45 AM

This is a standing agreement in my household too! :mickey:

Us too! :D We are always talking about our "retirement jobs" at WDW. DH wants to work on the trains.
35 more years :jaw: if they expect us to retire at 70. 20 more years if I only need 30 from the library.

Joannelet
06-23-2010, 11:12 AM
I was a cast member on the college program and I worked at Island Mercantile at Animal Kingdom.
I always tell my hubby that we will retire there and I will go back to work there. I miss it dearly.
I have family that work there and some of my friends are still there so that always helps :)

kemps@wdw
07-05-2010, 12:04 AM
Not me...NOT YET!! :D