PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic Questions

Urbss
06-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Hi Everyone,

We haven't done the Fantasmic thing in a very long time, but this year we think our 5 yr old might enjoy it, since he is finally starting to like fireworks and stuff.

My question is; how long before the start of a show should you be lined up?

Also, does everyone in your party need to stay in line? (I'm not trying to break etiquette, that is why I'm asking this!!)

Thanks,
Tom

forever a child
06-16-2010, 06:06 PM
If there are two shows going on in one evening than I would suggest about 45 minutes for earlier show and 30 minutes for later show. That's if you want to make sure you have good seating or don't have to stand. However, I am sure you could cut it closer...but we love Fantasmic...so we don't want to take the chance of not getting in to see it.

Not sure about your second question as there are only ever two of us on our trip so we always stay together. There could be dirty looks if you had a large party appearing to cut in line.

Pirate Granny
06-16-2010, 09:21 PM
We had the Fantasmic Dinner package and there was only one show that evening...we showed up around 40 minutes before the show only to be told no seats were left and there was standing room only...SOOOOO....not sure if I would wait 45 minutes to join the line.
:pirate:

KAJUNKING
06-16-2010, 09:56 PM
if you are lucky enough to be there on a night they have two shows the second is usually a lot less crowded and requires less time in line, you could also book a dinner package that reserves you a seat

CleveRocks
06-16-2010, 10:55 PM
I was last there at a slow time of year, early February (2009), a week before Presidents Day, on a Monday night.

Showtime was at 7 p.m. We had Fantasmic Dinner Package reserved seats, the vouchers said to be there not later than 45 minutes before showtime, we got there right at 6:15 p.m., got our seats no problem.

We were told that around 6 p.m. (1 hour before showtime) it was announced in the amphitheater that it was standing room only.

Unless it's a truly dead time of year, and you want to give yourself a good chance of getting a decent seat, show up maybe 75-90 minutes before showtime. There are counter-service restaurants INSIDE the amphitheater, so you can plan to get food and eat while you sit in your seats and wait. You can also get counter-service food earlier, have it with you when you queue up, and then eat it once you sit down and wait for the show to start.

Skippy
06-17-2010, 01:47 AM
last week on Thursday, Fantasmic's 9PM show was standing room only by 8:15. If you can, hit the second show. Many people spread out and save seats. I don't think it's unreasonable for a couple people in the party to hold seats for those getting food drinks or bathroom breaks.

KylesMom
06-17-2010, 02:11 AM
I don't think it's unreasonable for a couple people in the party to hold seats for those getting food drinks or bathroom breaks.
I can totally agree if the whole party enters the amphitheater together. However, I wouldn't go into the experience thinking that your party will be able to find you later with spaces empty if you go in ahead of them.

We've been viewing Fantasmic! annually since our first family trip with DS since 2000, and even with the Fantasmic! Dinner Package (doing that since 2001), you really need to protect your seats once you get them - 45 to 60 minutes ahead of time with the package! Since Fantasmic! is now on a limited schedule, it truly brings out the masses - and once the theater is full, they won't allow you to go and "find" your party in the seats if it's SRO.

crltkcagle
06-17-2010, 09:15 AM
I would say definetly get there at least 45 minutes before show time if not more. If there is a second show than hit that one because its usually less crowded. I think your 5 year old will love it!

Pocahontas
06-17-2010, 12:53 PM
I don't get the advantage of the Fantasmic Dinner Package if you still have to get there 45 minutes or more before the show and if you aren't gaurenteed a seat?! I booked a package for October and would rather have made ADR's elsewhere, but thought the package would really be a bonus. Now, I'm not so sure.:confused:

KylesMom
06-17-2010, 01:24 PM
I don't get the advantage of the Fantasmic Dinner Package if you still have to get there 45 minutes or more before the show and if you aren't gaurenteed a seat?!

You don't have to stand in the masses to get into the amphitheater if you have a dining package pass. Let me tell you, that line can be pretty miserable. And to be assured a seat without the package, you're going to have to get to the main entrance earlier than 45 minutes, as everyone has previously posted.

Last year, when they took the special entrance benefit away, we decided that in the future we'd just eat at Mama Melrose ala carte instead of all the appetizers & dessert which are included - since we all love Mama Melrose. However, now that they've changed it back to the special entrance (near BatB now), we once again have our ressies for the package.

Goes4FastPass
06-17-2010, 04:43 PM
Yes, that "waiting with the masses" can be miserable and the stories about 45 mintes before showtime and SRO even for those with the "dinner package" are true...

And is you have a stroller - oh boy. The stroller parking lot is like arking your car at the airport - then ytou have to make your way through the throngs back to that stroller parking lot after the show...

All while asking yourself is the show itself really worth all the hassle.

Fantasmic(!) has fallen off my family's "must do every time we go" list.

CleveRocks
06-17-2010, 04:58 PM
We had the Fantasmic Dinner package and there was only one show that evening...we showed up around 40 minutes before the show only to be told no seats were left and there was standing room only...SOOOOO....not sure if I would wait 45 minutes to join the line.
:pirate:

I don't get the advantage of the Fantasmic Dinner Package if you still have to get there 45 minutes or more before the show and if you aren't gaurenteed a seat?! I booked a package for October and would rather have made ADR's elsewhere, but thought the package would really be a bonus. Now, I'm not so sure.:confused:

You ARE guaranteed a seat. The voucher states right on it that you are only guaranteed a seat if you arrive no later than 45 minutes before showtime. Pirate Granny showed up later than 45 minutes before showtime; therefore, she gave up her guarantee of a seat.

That doesn't seem confusing to me. Please re-read my experience ... the system worked exactly as promised, and having the FDP was a HUGE advantage for us as a result.

BuddyFox
06-18-2010, 05:04 PM
Are there any exception for handicap guests? We'll be travelling with my dad who has a bad hip and knee. Will he have to wait with the masses or do they seat handicap guests first, similar to boarding an airplane?

PopPhan
06-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Are there any exception for handicap guests? We'll be travelling with my dad who has a bad hip and knee. Will he have to wait with the masses or do they seat handicap guests first, similar to boarding an airplane?

Sorry, it's first come, first served - everybody waits in line. If they seated all the handicapped people and their entourages no one else would get to see the show ever! Have you seen the number of wheelchairs, ECVs, etc. at WDW????

Rosemickey68
06-21-2010, 03:09 PM
Your party needs to stay together. Be very careful about "saving seats"! Some people are very obnoxious about that subject.
When we went in July we went to the 2nd showing, we showed up an hour prior to showtime, a couple with 2 kids were sitting in front of us, We all had been sitting there for at least 45 minutes, their son (looked like he was 3 or 4 yrs old) was goofing off & dancing around and hit his head on the bench, his dad picked him up and told his wife I'm gonna take him to the bathroom to make sure he is okay. A few minutes later this women came storming down the row with a dtr in her arms and dragging her other dtr by the hand and sat down in this man and his son's seat. The lady who had been sitting there didn't notice at first at she was talking with her dtr, when she did notice she told that lady, I'm sorry my husband and son were sitting there and they just went to the bathroom and will be right back, that lady said well you can't save seats, the women begged and pleaded for that lady to move as they would be right back and they had been sitting there all this time, that lady would not move! I even tried to intervene and say something, but this women was hateful and obnoxious! Luckily the people sitting to the left of the couple who had been sitting there scooted down when they heard/saw what was going on, so this man and his son could sit down, however it made it terribly cramped as they were all shoulder to shoulder. The obnoxious lady had to hold the one dtr through the whole show as there was no room for her to sit down!
Apparently that lady had 3 boys and a husband as she waved down to this man and 3 boys and they were sitting like 4 rows in front of her, the thing is if she had looked, the row behind the rest of her family had empty seats and it appeared people were saving those, she could of ruined someone elses experience!
This was the only bad experience I have ever encountered going to see Fantasmic. I don't know if people are just getting more obnoxious now a days or what!?!?
So I am just saying, be very careful about not having your whole party together, especially as the time gets closer to showtime! The general rule is your not suppose to save seats and the CM's do start telling people to scoot to the middle of the rows to fill up all the seats so they can seat as many people as they can.