PDA

View Full Version : Best "Cheap" Quick Service in WDW?

Jessietoystory2
06-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Where is the best Quick Service Dining in WDW (hotels, MK & Epcot) that won't break the bank? I am going to WDW with a family of 5.

slegrant
06-16-2010, 04:21 PM
My Family and I enjoy the following:

Resorts
Roaring Forks-Wilderness Lodge
Captain Cook's-Polynesian

Magic Kingdom
Casey's Hot dogs-Main Street
Columbia Harbour House-Liberty Square
Pecos Bill's-Frontierland
Cosmic Rays-Tommorowland

Epcot

Any of the World showcase CS
Sunshine Season's in the Land Pavillion

Have a great trip, I hope this helps:mickey:

forever a child
06-16-2010, 04:24 PM
I felt like Cosmic Ray's and Pecos Bills were the best bang for your buck at MK because they both have the fixings bar with lettuce, fresh sliced tomatoes, green peppers, sauteed onions and mushrooms, dill pickles, etc. So not only do you get decent portions that could be shared...you can add those things to your meals!

At AKL it Flame Tree BBQ for me...great food with good portion sizes.

Sunshine Season's at Epcot gets my vote for again, decent portions, large variety of food selections and good food!

DTD is Wolfgang Puck Express which I think is a little pricey but can definitely be shared!

slegrant
06-16-2010, 04:28 PM
I can't believe I forgot Flame Tree BBQ. It's the best in Animal Kingdom:mickey:

KAT1811
06-16-2010, 04:49 PM
Other than Cosmic Ray's (great selection), Earl of Sandwich (great sandwiches), and Pecos Bill's (great fixins bar) I would say the counter service at Yak & Yeti since they serve different items. Just something different.

disneymom15
06-16-2010, 04:53 PM
I think that most of the quick service places are similar "price wise". If your looking to save money: *ask for a cup of ice water instead of bottled water *Order the double hamburger and ask for an extra bun and split it (50 cents?)

BluewaterBrad
06-16-2010, 05:09 PM
I felt like Cosmic Ray's and Pecos Bills were the best bang for your buck at MK because they both have the fixings bar with lettuce, fresh sliced tomatoes, green peppers, sauteed onions and mushrooms, dill pickles, etc. So not only do you get decent portions that could be shared...you can add those things to your meals!

At AKL it Flame Tree BBQ for me...great food with good portion sizes.

Sunshine Season's at Epcot gets my vote for again, decent portions, large variety of food selections and good food!

DTD is Wolfgang Puck Express which I think is a little pricey but can definitely be shared!

I totally agree!:mickey:

forever a child
06-16-2010, 05:17 PM
I think that most of the quick service places are similar "price wise". If your looking to save money: *ask for a cup of ice water instead of bottled water *Order the double hamburger and ask for an extra bun and split it (50 cents?)

Totally agree! We brought our own 12 ounce sodas and our own bottled water. We would get cups of ice at every CS and pour our sodas in the cups of ice for a cold drink at a less than Disney price tag! We love to eat ice...so we were chomping on the ice after our meals:D We never even bought the resort mugs and had soda and bottled water left over after our trip!

Jessietoystory2
06-16-2010, 05:52 PM
Thanks everyone!!! I like the idea about the hamburger. I didn't think you could ask for a cup of ice without getting charged something. That is good to know

forever a child
06-16-2010, 07:02 PM
Don't forget that you can pack your own meals and bring them into the parks too. I saw many people siting down eating home made sandwiches and snacks.

Daisy712
06-16-2010, 08:10 PM
We always ask for 2 cups of ice. We then buy the large drinks and then we can share with the kids. Saves a ton of money.

We were also pleasantly surprised at how good Pizzafari was in AK. I believe we got a salad and a pizza for around $8. It was something different than a hamburger.

We also like Flametree BBQ, but it has seating outside, too hot in the summer.

Granny Jill A
06-17-2010, 03:26 PM
Previous posters made some excellent suggestions. I can say we saved a bunch of money with our two grandchildren by ordering ONE of something and having them split it. So often there would be food left over when we allowed them to order their own. Kids' eyes are bigger than their stomachs. I keep reminding my grandson that his stomach is about the size of his fist, and his stomach will be full 30 minutes before his brain gets the message.

5MemphisTiggers
06-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Agree with the other posters. If you're getting burgers, order the double and split it between two people. Should be plenty of food.

Yak & Yeti CS has pretty good portions, too. Lots of food in the crispy honey chicken -- chicken, veggies and rice.

The sandwich I got at Earl of Sandwich was HUGE. Probably could split that between two folks as well.

Belle_0717
06-17-2010, 09:19 PM
MK- Pecos bills or cosmic rays
E- Tangierine cafe in Morocco- the platters are easily shared by 2 people. If you like middle eastern food.
AK- flame tree
DHS-rosie's all american cafe

Fastpasssteve
06-18-2010, 01:41 AM
I have come to enjoy the Yak & Yeti Counter Service located in Animal Kingdom. Good food, good price. Good luck.

AmandaChan
06-20-2010, 06:45 AM
Yak & Yeti CS has pretty good portions, too. Lots of food in the crispy honey chicken -- chicken, veggies and rice.

The sandwich I got at Earl of Sandwich was HUGE. Probably could split that between two folks as well.

very true about yak and yeti and earl of sandwich.. dh and i were excited to try our own things at earl but we'll never get our own sandwich there again! also at yak and yeti we usually split a chicken meal and egg rolls (i think it comes with two and they're awesome) and that is always PLENTY of food

AmandaChan
06-20-2010, 06:48 AM
MK-
E- Tangierine cafe in Morocco- the platters are easily shared by 2 people. If you like middle eastern food.

also very true. that is yet another thing i love about disney. people who don't visit disney probably thinks it ridiculously expensive for food that's not very valuable.. i can't think of many occasions where i have felt jipped at disney. cs at disney are (usually always) NOT STINGY

also I was going to say avoid noodle terrace like the plague. The worst thing i ever did at disney was eat here. seriously.

Daisy'sMom
06-20-2010, 12:20 PM
We love the Italian sandwich at Pizzafari. And it would not seem like we were at MK if we did not stop at Rays. Not many choices at Epcot, we usually end up at Electric Umbrella. Over at DH, we always do the commissary although we would be over at Rosie's if they still offered the baked potatoes.:mickey:

bjs6
06-22-2010, 01:50 PM
The Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney. This is probably the only restaurant on the Disney property whose prices are most in line with a restaurant NOT on Disney property. And the sandwiches are very tasty. Can't go wrong with the original.

WVParkfan
06-24-2010, 01:43 PM
We eat CS every day, but don't want to eat "carnival food." Disney Counter Service is much more than hotdogs, hamburgers, and chicken nuggets. Sure, they have that everywhere, but there are many other options. AND, they don't cost too much more.

Magic Kingdom:
- Fresh fruit and bakery items at Mainstreet Bakery
- Turkey Bacon Wrap or Caesar Salad at Cosmic Ray’s
- Chicken Noodle Bowl at Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station
- Tuna sandwich or Fried Fish basket at Columbia Harbour House
- Hotdog at Casey’s Corner on Main Street. Baseball-themed place that I love!
- “Dole Whip” icecream float in Adventureland. YUM!!

Epcot:
- Sunshine Seasons. Hands-down the best CS restaurant in Disney. Asian food, rotisserie chicken, salads, panini's.
World Showcase going clockwise:
- Mexico: Cantina de San Angel counter service tacos and enchiladas.
- Norway: Kringla Bakery has Danishes and homemade Norwegian breads.
- China: Lotus Blossom Café for stir fried shrimp.
- Germany: My favorite! Somerfest for a bratwurst.
- Japan: Yakitori House for Teriyaki Chicken.
- Morocco: Tangierine café for Falafel wrap with couscous.
- France: Crepe’s at Crepes des Chefs de France.
- UK: Yorkshire County Fish Shop.

Animal Kingdom
-BBQ ribs at the Flametree BBQ, or a pulled-pork sandwich
- If you have to go to Pizzafari, then get a Caesar Salad or Italian sub. Disney pizza is horrible everywhere.
- Tamu Tamu in Africa has a Tuna Pita or a Turkey and siwss on Focaccia.
- Sweet & Sour pork at the Yak And Yeti Counter Service.

Disney's Hollywood Studios:
- Backlot Express has grilled Turkey and Cheese with red peppers sandwich
- Studio Catering has a Pressed Tuscan Deli sandwich and a greek salad.
- ABC Commissary has a Chicken Curry with rice.

Scott C
06-24-2010, 01:54 PM
I know that there will be the haters out there -- but for my family the best "value" is the large pizza at the resort food court. $16 split 4 ways is pretty cheap as Disney goes.

Thanks
Scott C

joonyer
06-25-2010, 01:13 PM
There's lot's of different QS places with different menu items to choose from, and you can split menu items between people at any of them of course. But besides doing that, none of them can really be considered "bargains" compared with those you could find outside the world. You're pretty much going to pay the same no matter where you eat QS in WDW.