PDA

View Full Version : Chances of walk-in res @ Le Cellier for 1

McLiberal8
06-16-2010, 11:27 AM
What experience does anyone have with the chances of walking in to Le Cellier? I will be by myself, my trip is in early September.
I don't really want to tie myself down with reservations, but everyone raves about Le Cellier so much, I figured I would try it!

PopPhan
06-16-2010, 11:35 AM
Last time we were there (last September,) anyone walking in was told that they DO NOT take walk-ups.

You can always try, though.

faline
06-16-2010, 11:36 AM
Best chance will be to show up at opening or shortly before. We've managed to get walk-up seatings on two occasions (lunch and dinner). As for being a table of 1 - you'd have the same shot at is as a table for 2.

GreenB
06-16-2010, 02:09 PM
We have tried to walk in to Le Cellier on several occasions and never been lucky enough.
(2, 3, 4 and now 5 guests)
Your chances will increase if you show up early for lunch.

diz_girl
06-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Early September is actually a bad time to try for walk-ups because the free dining promotion packs almost all of the TS restaurants, especially those in the parks. If you want to eat there, try to get an ADR, maybe one for lunch if they are booked for dinner. If you were going in early January, then I'd say try for a walk-up, but not in early September.

BluewaterBrad
06-16-2010, 03:49 PM
0%. Sorry!!:mickey:

maryt01
06-19-2010, 12:31 PM
never had any luck,, love the food

wdw dude
06-19-2010, 02:20 PM
I did a walk-up for lunch once and only had a 10-15 minute wait. There were two other people with me and we went right at opening time. That was in 2006, though, so they might have changed their walk-up policy since then.

:mickey:

SurferStitch
06-21-2010, 11:56 AM
DH and I have (on a whim) tried a walk-up for lunch at Le Cellier several times over the past 7 years or so. We went right at or just before opening, and have never been able to get in. No biggie since we always do a dinner there. We've also tried calling Disney Dining from the resort that morning, and nada.

This was in early October, early December and early May, when crowds are considered low by many here.

If you have your heart set on eating there, try for an ADR.

andmomlau
06-21-2010, 08:37 PM
We have eaten there 3 times, but never tried a walk=up. I have always made the reservations as soon as our trip was planned. Many times they were full, but I tried every day, several times a day and finally got a reservation.

Good luck.....keep trying...the food there is definitely worth the effort!:thumbsup:

IloveDisney71
06-22-2010, 01:30 AM
We were there on June 19th - this past Saturday and walked up around 6:30. We didn't have reservations but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. There were 4 of us - adults. She said sure but we'd have about a 20 minute wait. We were so happy we didn't care - 20 minutes is nothing! But we didn't even have to wait 1o minutes before they walked us to a table. I had tried to get reservations before our trip but was never able to because nothing was ever available.
Give it a try - it wouldn't hurt. I wouldn't count on getting a table but you might get lucky like we did. Good luck!

RAIDER
06-22-2010, 11:51 AM
When i was just at wdw last week i called to get a reservation for either dinner or lunch as i will be back for 2 weeks from the 5th Dec to 19the all i could get was a lunchtime a lunchtime spot on the 17th everything else was booked up !!

Ive been lucky enough to get a walk in for lunch and dinner but that was about 3 years ago

sherrynny
06-24-2010, 09:22 PM
When are you going? I have a reservation on 9/9 for lunch. Due to my companions not going, I will keep the ADR, but only use it for myself. Let me know if you would like to join me. That way if you feel like going you can.

Sherry-n-NY