PDA

View Full Version : How often do you stay at your home resort?

Plex
06-15-2010, 07:54 PM
There's a lot of talk on here about home resorts, so I'm wondering just how often folks stay at their home resort? Please include a reply sharing which resort you call home, how often you stay there, and how long you've been a member! :mickey:

Georgesgirl1
06-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Our home resort is SSR, we have owned (well, I am on my parents deed) since 2004, and this fall will be our first time staying somewhere else (Kidani Village). My parents have also gone to Hilton Head, Vero Beach, and are going on a Mediterranean Cruise this September which I suppose would count as non-home resort stays too.

Aurora
06-16-2010, 01:22 AM
Saratoga is also our home; we stay there about 50 percent of the time. As an aside, because there's some concern about waitlisting, we've waitlisted several times for the Boardwalk and have always been successful.

dlpmikki
06-16-2010, 02:16 AM
I've been a member since 1992. I try out the new resorts for a few days but I keep choosing to go back to OKW because the 1 bedrooms that we stay in are so much bigger and better than any other DVC resort.

If I am going to stay in a studio it is easier to choose other reorts because I like the bed / sofa layout as opposed to the 2 beds at OKW.

DonLefNY
06-16-2010, 07:03 PM
We stay most often at our OKW home. We also own at VWL, but rarely stay there.

Tinkermom
06-17-2010, 07:58 AM
We own at Vero and SSR and we head down to WDW/Florida 1-2 times a year.

We try to stay at Vero at least every other year. If we can save our points up we like to get a beach cottage!

We like to stay at a different WDW resort each time we go. We usually vote as a family as to which resort we want to stay at. Sometimes we choose based on how long we will be staying and do we want to stay closer to Epcot or MK, sometime we choose based on points cost and sometimes we choose based on how much time we plan on hanging out at the resort. In your poll I voted that we stay at SSR about 25% of the time, it may be a bit less. :mickey:

We really do enjoy all of the DVC resorts! :thumbsup:

VWL Mom
06-17-2010, 08:12 AM
We're fairly new to DVC (2006) and own at VWL and normally stay there. We did try BW for a short last minute trip last summer and are going to BLT for a quick trip at the end of June. When DH is with us and we go for a week, it's VWL.

florida girl
06-18-2010, 10:40 PM
We have owned SSR for 3 years and stay there around 50% of the time. I have tried all except OKW and BLT of the Orlando DVC resorts and like them all. There are good things and bad about each place so it's fun to be able to stay at different ones on each trip.

Checkers
06-19-2010, 11:35 AM
:mickey:Great poll! We own at OKW & BWVs and usually stay at one of these resorts, however, we stayed at the BCVs in May with family (2br) and loved it too! Haven't stayed at VWL or BLT as yet.

FiggyFan
06-20-2010, 01:19 PM
We own at BWV (since 2001) and added on (several times) at BCV. We stay at both of these resorts since we love the BW area at night, and it is great to be able to walk into Epcot. We did a one-day add-on to a trip at VWL - nice resort, but we still prefer the BW area.

Mushu11756
06-21-2010, 04:37 PM
We own at ssr since 2006 and akv since 2009. We have stayed at ssr okw vwl . We will be doing a 5 day cruise in august (yes with points I know crazy) to key west/nassau/castaway cay. Then in december a 4 day cruise (free for adding on at akv) and a 3 day stay at our new home resort akv (1 bedroom value jambo) . So far my favorite was vwl.

DVC Mike
06-21-2010, 07:33 PM
I stay exclusively at my home resorts, at least for the past 3 years.

wdw dude
06-25-2010, 09:02 PM
I love the Boardwalk which is my home resort, but I like to try out other resorts, too.

:mickey:

Mrs.Mickey
06-28-2010, 09:56 AM
We own AKl but have stated at SSr and VWL as well. I have to say though that my home resort is my favorite and you can beat the points for a value room!

peemagg
06-30-2010, 05:50 PM
We have owned at SSR, since 2006. We have stayed there every time except this past one where we stayed at AK- Kidani. We love our home resort!

Joannelet
06-30-2010, 07:37 PM
I had to say always only because we own at SSR and everytime we have tried to book outside our resort we haven't been able to as it is booked. We've been on waitlists everytime and that hasn't worked for us at all :(

RAIDER
07-21-2010, 03:19 AM
We havent been a member that long but so far we have stayed at the BLT and BCV and staying again this year at the BLT

rkwctw
07-25-2010, 09:43 AM
We own at BLT and love it, but we also want to resort hop and see which ones we like best. This fall it is OKW and BLT and next May we are going to try BCV.

thatkindofday
07-26-2010, 10:23 AM
We bought at AKL the end of 2008 and have actually only been able to stay there one night. The rooms fill up fast, that's for sure. We've stayed at OKW and SSR a couple times each. We LOVE AKL, and were finally going to get to stay a week in a SV, but we had to do a last minute date change and AKL was unavailable, so now we are staying at SSR again.