PDA

View Full Version : In the parks

xo0ally
06-15-2010, 03:33 PM
although my trip is 384 days away :( i am excited to go :) i was wondering while walking in the parks do you prefer to have a small wristlet to carry the necessities or do you like carrying a a small backpack around? And what do you bring into the parks everyday sunblock, money etc?

BellesRose
06-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Back in 2006, I bought a small backpack from Summer Sands. That is officially my Disney backpack! I bring my camera, extra batteries, wallet, phone, make-up, hair brush, lotion/spray, and hand sanitizer. I try to always be prepared. And no, it's not that heavy! It's a very small backpack but it always has extra room for when I buy pins/candy/whatever in the Parks.

For those of you that I often see with huge hiking backpacks, I just have to ask...what on earth is in there?!

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-15-2010, 03:56 PM
We have officially become "non-bag" people.

We make good use of DH's cargo shorts, carrying hand sanitizer, some benedryl and the camera. Any $$ or credit cards goes with our key to the world in our lanyard pouch.

The less you can carry, the better.

gerald72
06-15-2010, 04:01 PM
I take as little as possible. This includes:
camera
2 extra AA batteries
cell phone (mostly for telling time)
small clear case for holding KTW/ FPs
small tube of sunscreen around beltloop
optional: autograph pen/ paper

TheVBs
06-15-2010, 04:34 PM

We make good use of DH's cargo shorts, carrying hand sanitizer, some benedryl and the camera. Any $$ or credit cards goes with our key to the world in our lanyard pouch.

Same here! We used to carry a small back pack but now we also make good use of DH's cargo shorts (my DH's of course ;)). They're the best thing ever! We carry the camera, extra battery, sunscreen, small hand sanitizer, our Key to the World cards and just a few dollars in cash.

kakn7294
06-15-2010, 05:38 PM
I carry a tiny little bag called Purse Plus from Charm 14 - it's about the size of the average wallet. They can be carried as a wristlet (how I usually carry them), shoulder bag, or waist pack (either of which I prefer at WDW). They hold my camera, any necessary cards (KTTW, debit, driver's license, park ticket), some money, and a few accessories. They come in tons of colors and designs - I think I have 12 or so. :blush: I carry my cell phone in my pocket.

disneymom15
06-15-2010, 05:56 PM
I carry a small cross body bag. Its made by Tignanello & comes in many colors. It holds my cards, money, phone, glasses, & snacks.

snowflakegirl
06-15-2010, 06:57 PM
I carry a small cross body bag. Its made by Tignanello & comes in many colors. It holds my cards, money, phone, glasses, & snacks.

I also carry a small(ish) crossbody bag. I usually have my cards, money, phone, my camera, an extra battery for the camera, and sunscreen in it. I can burn if I even think about going out in the sun (I had recess duty at school one day and could feel the sunburn before the 20 minutes was over...and I'd been standing in the shade for part of recess), so I tend to carry a full sized bottle of sunscreen with me and lotion up every 2 hours or so. Mostly, it's for teh sunscreen. I could probably keep my cards, money, phone and extra battery in my pockets and carry the camera if it weren't for the sunscreen.

SurferStitch
06-15-2010, 07:24 PM
I have wristlets (Dooney & Bourke Disney styles), but they would be just a touch too small for me. Also, the leather straps would get really grimy from my self tanner or sunscreen.

I use a plush Stitch backpack that I can dress up in attire from Build a Bear. He's awesome, and has been traveling with me since 2004. I get dozens of comments from CM's and guests when I carry him (I must hear "Look at Stitch!" at least 20 times a day). He's relatively small, lightweight, and just big enough to carry my compact, face blotters, lip gloss and lip stick, credit card, AP, license (I still get carded), small hand sanitizer, and iPhone.

Fastpasssteve
06-15-2010, 07:34 PM
I am with IbelieveinDisneyMagic! The less I carry, the better. Cargo shorts are great. Have an extra ziplock bag for the camera during water rides, and you're set. Then you can go through the quick line getting into the parks.

PETE FROM NYC
06-15-2010, 07:55 PM
I am an ECV user, so I use a small bag that fits nicely in the ECVs basket. It holds my blood tester and insulin,my water bottle and a few other things.

micky95
06-16-2010, 07:09 AM
my dw & i have used a backpack ,my cargo shorts & overalls (yes they still make them)we usually carry the bare essentials,phone ,money sunblock ,snack,etc.i always carry a travel wallet (nylon w/ velcro closure)with my drivers license ,room key ,passes, money.my favorite is the overalls.they have HUGE pockets everywhere.i'll wear them on our trips during the winter months.also my wife has no trouble spotting me since im the only one wearing them.ive only seen one other man wearing them there. they also make them for women .long & short versions & more stylish than my pair.counting down to nov 2010 !!!

ryca1dreams
06-16-2010, 08:46 AM
I think I carried a backpack on our first family trip back in 02. I did not see the need for it after that. I just wasn't carrying anything. I can fit everything I need in pockets and not be uncomfortable. I usually wear cargo or hiking shorts - no overalls for me. :)

indytraveler
06-16-2010, 08:56 AM
put me down for the backpack people. We go in summer so we have rain ponchos, water bottles, camera, extra socks (sometimes), sunscreen, hats, or visors. not too heavy and it works. water bottles are done by the day so it gets lighter as the day goes on. (this is for a family of 5)

crltkcagle
06-16-2010, 10:25 AM
We have young kids so we still have to carry a backpack. We carry sunblock, extra clothes for the kids, first aid kit, tylenol for adults, gum, signature books, pens, hand sanitizer, video camera, camera, spare batteries, ponchos, small umbrella, and snacks. Of course we usually don't carry it on our backs we usually throw it in the stroller we are pushing! LOL

T-Belle
06-16-2010, 11:40 AM
I've carried backpacks in the past but now I really like my messenger bag. Mostly because I don't have to take it off to get things out or to get on rides. I usually carry...
camera
water bottle
small coin purse
lip balm
hand sanitizer
band aids
extra batteries

Kathy Jetson
06-16-2010, 03:56 PM
I have a cross shoulder bag with lots of pockets I carry cards,money,chapstick,autograph book,pen,camera,phone, and a comb. Dh will carry the backpack with water bottle,hand sanitizer change of cloths for ds6 and rain ponchos. Dh will not be going with us this year so who is going to carry all this:confused:

Darbylew
06-16-2010, 04:51 PM
I carry a cross the shoulder bag and also carry
a backpack. I bring cash, sunblock, wipes, hand
santizer, hat, ponchos, my ticket of course,
camera, light jacket, chapstick, water, phone,
my room key, lipstick, asprin, bandaids, small
hair brush, dental floss, small mirror and some
snacks.........boy do I have a list!!!! :D

ANG
06-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Well since I have a toddler, I bring a backpack.

BluewaterBrad
06-16-2010, 05:23 PM
I just bring my wallet, but my wife loves her fanny pack.:mickey:

xo0ally
06-16-2010, 06:10 PM
I carry a cross the shoulder bag and also carry
a backpack. I bring cash, sunblock, wipes, hand
santizer, hat, ponchos, my ticket of course,
camera, light jacket, chapstick, water, phone,
my room key, lipstick, asprin, bandaids, small
hair brush, dental floss, small mirror and some
snacks.........boy do I have a list!!!! :D

pretty much my list

LauraByTheSea
06-16-2010, 06:40 PM

Same here! We used to carry a small back pack but now we also make good use of DH's cargo shorts (my DH's of course ;)). They're the best thing ever! We carry the camera, extra battery, sunscreen, small hand sanitizer, our Key to the World cards and just a few dollars in cash.
Me too... phone, camera, small credit card wallet, and we're good to go! All in HIS shorts, of course!

eeyorepoohfan
06-16-2010, 08:59 PM
:thumbsup:We are Camelbak people! The bladder holds about 100 ounces of water/ice. It also has pockets to help us carry the following:
camera (unless it's on my DH belt)
cell phones
wallet stuff (IDs, tickets, credit card)
sanitizing wipes (for dirty tables and hands)
chapstick
SNACKS
ponchos (sometimes)
tissues
light jackets (sometimes)
sunglasses and hat (for rides so we don't forget them in the pouch!)

It's just me and my DH. We usually go back to our room mid-afternoon to charge the camera battery and refill our water. We drink a lot of water!!!! So between the two of us, we'll easily go through the 200 ounces of water/ice each day! We take our hydration very seriously!:mickey:

kemps@wdw
06-19-2010, 11:12 PM
DH uses only his pockets, DD uses a small waist pack, and I...still love my...dare I say it...fanny pack (although it's a small one) with the "bare necessities". Room key card, ID, a little $, travel size sunscreen, pocket fans, tightly folded ponchos for all three of us, and a plastic baggie for keeping, whatever, dry. Cell phones go in our pockets. Camcorder/camera (all-in-one) hangs across my shoulder. The less we carry, the quicker we get thru security lines, and no offense to those who "pack" for the parks, but I try not to get behind you. I know how it is to have little ones @ WDW, but even then we traveled "light".

Bethanymouse
06-19-2010, 11:23 PM
I have a small bag I carry as a cross shoulder bag. I usually carry: small wallet with money, credit card, room card, etc. I always have sunglasses, chapstick, extra bandaids, and a camera with extra camera battery...and of course a throw away poncho. Attached to top is small sunscreen and hand sanitizer.

beksy
06-20-2010, 12:04 AM
I try to keep everything in my camera bag that goes around my neck or my sister's and a lanyard with a plastic card pouch at the bottom. In the camera bag is my camera, extra battery, and an extra memory card, along with some cash and our APs. I also put in our ids and a credit card just in case but it is still a small bag! In the plastic pouch I put our KTTW card and photopass card. That way we can keep it on us and get through the line quickly. :thumbsup: I would like to get a slightly larger plastic pouch to put on the end of the lanyard but can only find one size so far so if anyone has any suggestions, I'm listening!

Gibbs
06-20-2010, 07:09 AM
We are also backpack family. everyone take a turn carrying it around. Its not too bad, and as the day goes on it tends to get lighter as the water bottles get used!:D Needless to say, we end up having to nominate someone to start the day, and we have no shortage of volunteers as the end of the day :thumbsup:

Pirate Granny
06-20-2010, 03:37 PM
Cargo shorts...send 100% of EVERYTHING back to the resort..
Luv it
:pirate:

DisneyNut6777
06-20-2010, 04:39 PM
:mickey: I have my DW, and she carries everything!!! Just kidding, actually last August in the parks I had a small sized backpack that was very comfortable to have on, and we kept all my meds, with camera, batteries, wallet, gum, and what ever else was deemed neccessary. We arrive October 17th this year for a 7 night 8 day stay at WL. Might try something a little bit different this year, but the back pack did work good though. Shorts with deep pockets would be nice if they could zip shut or have snaps.:D I keep all bought snacks where they belong. In my Belly of course!:thedolls:

brownie
06-20-2010, 10:16 PM
I wear cargo shorts/pants. I can carry everything I need in the pockets.