PDA

View Full Version : Another Universal question

Goofy Pluto
06-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Can you bring food into the Universal parks like you can at WDW in a small cooler? Thanks.

Goofy Pluto
06-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Looks like this got moved and I never got an answer...

Anyone have an answer for me?

John
06-21-2010, 01:31 PM
From Universal:

We offer a variety of fresh, delicious food for our guests to enjoy at restaurants and concession stands throughout our resort; however, we understand that guests may need to bring outside food and drink into our parks. Please note the following guidelines for bringing food and drink into our parks:

Acceptable items:

•Bottled water
•Small snacks that do not require heating
•Any food required for medical purposes and medically–indicated nutritional supplements
•Any food required for special dietary needs
•Baby food/baby formula
•Soft-sided insulated bags no larger than 8.5" wide x 6" high x 6" deep

Prohibited items:

•Picnic lunches
•Food that requires heating or refrigeration
•Alcohol and glass containers
•Hard-sided coolers
•Soft-sided coolers larger than 8.5" wide x 6" high x 6" deep
•Coolers, suitcases, and bags with wheels
Please be advised that all bags and personal items are subject to inspection.

Tekneek
06-21-2010, 01:49 PM
Official policy aside, Universal is not anywhere near a Six Flags type park in their enforcement of this kind of policy. At the same time, they are not as tolerant as Disney about food coming from the outside.

In general, neither Universal or Disney cares about people bringing in snacks/few sandwiches. I think the real point is to try and prevent people from rolling coolers into the park. If they have compelling food offerings in terms of quality and value, they know people will buy them. The whole captive audience ploy only goes so far.

These are all my opinions based on my own personal experiences, and your mileage may vary. :)

Goofy Pluto
06-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Thank you for this information! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Can you tell me where you found this? I'd like to be able to look up this kind of thing myself.

Thanks!

John
06-23-2010, 03:08 PM
direct from universals web site.

PirateLover
06-26-2010, 10:19 PM
Yeah, they don't seem to be too strict on that no picnic lunch thing. We saw a couple that had ziplock baggies with sandwiches, chips, cheese doodles, and drink pouches. They were actually being allowed to eat this inside the Hog's Head portion of the very crowded and popular Three Bromsticks cafe in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.