PDA

View Full Version : Disney Birthday?

Gaz10
06-15-2010, 12:15 PM
on our next visit it will be my daughters 7th birthday. Could anyone recommend something special to do for her? do Disney do anything special on birthdays that would make our stay that little bit more magical?:princess:

CU Tiger
06-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Of course you need to make sure you get a birthday pin. During our last trip when it was my DDs birthday, a CM in one of the stores asked my DD what her favorite character was. The CM then made a call and the next thing you know that character (pre-recorded of course) was on the phone wishing her a happy birthday. She really got a kick out of that. :mickey:

cfoshe
06-15-2010, 12:24 PM
With the birthday pin, wear it your whole stay, most CM will wish happy birthday to them. I know our last stay my daughter was wearing her pin and a CM at Buzz Lightyear stop us and let us enter thur the back door where we loaded on to the ride as people where getting off, no wait for us, but the wait outside was 65 min.

steamboat52
06-15-2010, 12:25 PM
We were eating at Cape May, quietly celebrating our anniversary, when we heard some commotion and realized that several waitstaff and characters had gone over to a table to sing Happy Birthday to a child. It was very celebratory. They took a little cake with a candle on it (more like a cupcake). We heard a comment that the parents had told each of the restaurants they were eating at that it was the child's birthday, so the child got a big "happy birthday" each day of the trip. I imagine each restaurant does this differently.

We were also served the cupcake with the candle, but asked to not have the big announcement. (cupcake doesn't really do it justice, but it was a rich and fudgey tiny cake...very tasty.)

Goofy Pluto
06-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Bippity Boppity Boutique. We took our daughter there when she turned 5. She absolutely LOVED it. She loved the attention and having her hair and makeup done.

Missy_Mouses_Dad
06-15-2010, 12:56 PM
When you check into the hotel, inform them of your daughter's birthday. They have always left balloons and a signed card for our daughter.

Disneyglamour
06-15-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm gonna also say GET A BIRTHDAY PIN!! I celebrated my 22nd birthday there 2 years ago and got a pin at MK guest services the first day of our trip and wore it the whole time we were there. Every CM I passed wished me a happy birthday, they gave me a special "happy birthday" chocolate on my chocolate wave at the coral reef restaurant, and when we were taking the boat over to Epcot, the captain had the ENTIRE boat sing happy birthday to me. Its a lot of fun and makes you feel pretty darn special :party:

Fastpasssteve
06-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Make sure that when you're making your ADR's (Advanced Dining Reservations) you mention to the Cast Member on the phone that you are celebrating her birthday. If you have already made your reservations, call them again. Have them put that info on all your dining reservations. Each restaurant does various things, from glitter and singing, to special cupcakes and pictures from Mickey and such.

The button helps, too. But this gives them a heads up, so when you check in at a Table Service Restaurant, the note pops up on their screen that you're celebrating a special event.

kapeman
06-16-2010, 09:37 AM
Make sure that when you're making your ADR's (Advanced Dining Reservations) you mention to the Cast Member on the phone that you are celebrating her birthday. If you have already made your reservations, call them again. Have them put that info on all your dining reservations. Each restaurant does various things, from glitter and singing, to special cupcakes and pictures from Mickey and such.

The button helps, too. But this gives them a heads up, so when you check in at a Table Service Restaurant, the note pops up on their screen that you're celebrating a special event.

Do you know if the celebration comments from the online ADR system get forwarded to the restaurant?

Mickey'sGirl
06-16-2010, 09:46 AM
When you check into the hotel, inform them of your daughter's birthday. They have always left balloons and a signed card for our daughter.
... but don't expect this!! We just got home from WDW where both my DS12 and I had our birthdays, and NOTHING was delivered to our room. Not a complaint at all, I just think you should have realistic expectations. Any special gifts for our son were arranged by us (and paid for by us).

We were given birthday buttons, and got many good wishes from people and Cast Members ... and Happy Birthday cupcakes at the restaurants. It was a lot of fun for us both!

renecat
06-16-2010, 12:55 PM
I was there last Sept. for my birthday. At check in they gave me a birthday button and told me to wear it the entire time I was there. On my actuall birthday we came back to our room and there was a card signed by Mickey and friends. Also at one of the stores a CM said to me you have a phone call and handed me the phone it was Goofy singing happy birthday. We got an extra dessert evey night for dinner that I had the pin on. I did take it off the day after my birthday.

Rosemickey68
06-21-2010, 04:32 PM
I celebrated my Birthday twice at WDW and it was great!
As everyone said, get the Birthday pin and have her wear it.
I never expect anything, but the CM's go out of their way to say and sometimes sing happy birthday. That alone makes your day!
During the parade, several characters said happy birthday to me, even at 30 something it made me feel great and made my day!
The first time I celebrated my bday at WDW we ate at Cinderella's castle for dinner and they brought me a cake, and the servers sang to me and they gave me a card signed by Mickey with his picture in it.
The 2nd time I celebrated my bday at WDW we ate at Chef Mickey's for dinner and they bring a cupcake with a candle, give you a special placemat "signed" by all the characters that appear. It is alot of fun. My husband had told the CM when we checked into our resort.
He said they had asked who my favorite character was & the morning of my bday I got a wake up call from Mickey singing Happy bday and that night, when we returned to our hotel, they had put balloons and a card signed by Mickey and Minnie with their picture in it.

As people say don't expect anything, but sometimes magical things happen that will make her day special!

Tekneek
06-21-2010, 04:38 PM

We took our son when it was his 4th birthday. We didn't expect anything, but had been tipped via the board here to get that pin. At check in, via conversation, we brought up that it was his birthday trip. When we stopped by the room on his birthday, we were surprised by the card (From Buzz Lightyear and Woody) and balloons. Also that night, at the MVMCP, Peter Pan wished my son a happy birthday DURING the parade (and my son had a custom name tag from a DTD store on, so he used my son's name as well!). Peter Pan was his favorite at the time, so it was really something special.