PDA

View Full Version : House of Innoventions no more?

snowflakegirl
06-15-2010, 09:30 AM
My parents just returned from a trip to the world last week and mentioned that the House of Innoventions was no longer there!? Was it taken out to put something else in?

I'm kind of bummed...it wasn't a major attraction, but I always enjoyed a spin through it to see what gadgets were there and I was looking forward to bringing my boyfriend on his first trip because he's very much a gadgets guy.

DisneyLuver91
06-15-2010, 06:50 PM
I doubt the HoI was removed. I'm sure that it is just being updated. The exhibits in there tend to get passe rather quickly due to technology. :mickey:

KAT1811
06-17-2010, 04:54 PM
I hope it is still there. We haven't done Innoventions for a few yearsa dn were hoping to do it again this year. HOI was one of my favorite parts of innoventions.

5togetherWDW
06-18-2010, 08:27 AM
While I hope it returns -- when we were there in April, it was not open. My son went over to get in line and saw the wishing well area was roped off -- the cast member nearby said it was "closed."
While we figured it was temporary, when we looked around and saw no mention of it / all sinage removed. It was also no longer listed on the map . . ..
Since there was no sign / mention of the House of Innoventions, my impression was it was more than a refurb. . . .

snowflakegirl
06-18-2010, 09:52 AM
Wow! That's too bad. I guess we can hope it will return, but I'm guessing if all the sinage is done and such, that it's not looking good. Thanks for filling us in on your experience.

Snickerdoodle
06-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Hope it's just a refurb...

garthbarth1
06-20-2010, 10:08 PM
If its not being refurbished, then it needs to be. DH and I were there last year, and the technology in it was at least 3 years old...and it had recently been updated! (DH owns a high end technology company-this is how I know these things) Either way, I think they can use the space for something more interesting!

Granny Jill A
06-22-2010, 03:01 PM
I hope it is still there. We haven't done Innoventions for a few yearsa dn were hoping to do it again this year. HOI was one of my favorite parts of innoventions.

I also enjoyed this exhibit. It's kind of hard to find as you wander through the building, but our family was fascinated by all the gadgets, especially the wheel chair that "walked" up stairs.

I know most visitors get bored by the educational stuff, but EPCOT is supposed to be about education and the future. I hope they bring it back, better than before.

Fastpasssteve
06-22-2010, 03:49 PM
I've never been a big fan of Innoventions. I was a middle school teacher for twelve years, so a pavillion populated by that many little ones during my vacation time was less of a draw for me. I hope they find something with broad appeal to fill that space.

Polynesian Dweller
06-22-2010, 04:21 PM
I remember an article in the Orlando press last year saying it was permanently closing. In October 2009 there was no signage and it looked to have been completely closed.