PDA

View Full Version : Taxis

retiredfigment
06-15-2010, 07:08 AM
A lot of posters mention taking taxis. Do you have to call for one, or are they parked at the resorts/parks waiting? Average cost? We are going for a short trip this fall and I'm thinking taxis may save some time.

SallyP
06-15-2010, 07:41 AM
You shouldn't have to call for one at the deluxe resorts. Taxis are usually outside waiting for fares. If not the Valet Attendants will arrange one for you. You weren't real clear about where you wanted the taxis to take you, which determines cost. To the parks from a resort? about $15, I think, though I'm not positive. There are taxis at the parks.
Not sure about the logistics at the moderates and values.

Mickey'sGirl
06-15-2010, 08:11 AM
There are taxis outside of all of the resorts that I've ever stayed at (Value, Moderate and Deluxe). Even if there wasn't one at the time, it would be a matter of moments before a Cast Member could arrange one for you. We've also taken a taxi from the Studios where there was one waiting.... I am not so sure about the other parks.

KAT1811
06-15-2010, 09:51 AM
We just go to the front an have the valet call for a taxi. Some times they are waiting and sometimes they have not been waiting. We find that it is the best way to go from resort to resort or to the park in the am for an early ADR. I can't remember ever paying over $20 to go anywhere on property.

SBETigg
06-15-2010, 10:35 AM
Taxis do save time on occasion. We just have the valet get us a taxi, too, but there are usually plenty on call. I've paid up to $25 on property with tip, but it's usually more $10-15. It's handy on occasion, but not something I would do all the time.

MOJoe
06-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Yeah, taking a taxi is sometimes your only option. If you are playing mini-golf at Fantasia Gardens after The Studios has closed, you're gonna have to get a cab to your resort. Unless some especially helpfull CM takes you in his car. Also, for early Character Breakfasts, or going from resort to resort. Going from a park to Downtown Disney also is a good trip for a cab.

But for the vast majority of your travels around the world, the Disney Bus system is your best, and free, ride.

CleveRocks
06-15-2010, 03:17 PM
For those who aren't familiar, I want to gently point out that if you have the valet/bell services CM get a taxi for you, it is customary to tip that cast member for that service.

OogieBoogieMan
06-25-2010, 08:12 PM
If it is a short trip you may just want to rent a car. For the price of a trip a day in a cab you can probably rent a compact and have it available at will.

Goofy4TheWorld
06-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Can someone tell me where you get a cab when exiting EACH specific park? My wife and I wanted desperately to take a cab back from DHS to the CR, but didn't see any cabs??? I never saw any cabs at any park, so I must be looking in the wrong place. Do you have to take the tram, or can you walk? Is it near the buses?

Please be specific. :mickey:

Goofy4TheWorld
07-04-2010, 12:43 AM
Can someone tell me where you get a cab when exiting EACH specific park? My wife and I wanted desperately to take a cab back from DHS to the CR, but didn't see any cabs??? I never saw any cabs at any park, so I must be looking in the wrong place. Do you have to take the tram, or can you walk? Is it near the buses?

Please be specific. :mickey:

I guess I am not the only one who couldn't find a taxi at the parks, nobody on Intercot can either!....;)

KAT1811
07-04-2010, 09:42 AM
I think the tougher part of answering your question are the specifics you are looking for. In Epcot the taxis are located in the same area that the busses pick up. I recall them being just past the busses. I am fairly certain I have also seen a sign for taxis just not sure exactly where. In the MK they would be somewhere at the TTC. Not sure on AK or DHS.

We use taxis a few times on each of our WDW stays but never from a park back "home" or to another resort. Neither have we used them to a park either. I would use a taxi for an early ADR to any park except MK since the drop off would be at the TTC and you would still have to take either the monerail or the ferry over. Might as well plan ahead and take the resort bus or take a taxi to the CR and walk over to the MK.

We use taxis as transportation inbetween resorts. If we have dinner or breakfast at another resort it is SO much easier to have a direct route rather than resort - park - resort. If we are traveling a direct route, for example to/from a resort to a park we just use that resorts park bus.

disneymom2000
07-05-2010, 04:40 PM
We use taxis a few times on each of our WDW stays but never from a park back "home" or to another resort. I would use a taxi for an early ADR to any park except MK since the drop off would be at the TTC and you would still have to take either the monerail or the ferry over.

I have only used taxi's when the park closes and the busses are so congested that I don't want to wait or when I have an ADR at another resort. The one time I had an early ADR at the castle for breakfast, the taxi took me from the Beach Club right up to the turn stiles at MK. I didn't have to stop at the TTC. Is this something new?

CaptSmee
07-06-2010, 12:00 AM
The taxi's are by the 1st bus station at Epcot, and at the TTC at Magic Kingdom. I too am unsure about Animal Kingdom or the Studios. We have taken cabs on a few occasions. From AKL to MK it was around $10. We learned our lesson our last trip by not utilizing a metered cab at closing from Epcot to POP (which is a 5 min ride) the guy charged us $17 bucks which I argued with him over, then gave in and paid him with no tip. I will never use a non-metered cab again.

Also, on more than 1 occasion Disney has driven us from a deluxe resort in a white van as a courtesy with no charge. Not sure how that works, but we had it happen from the Contemporary & Wilderness Lodge on separate occasions. We tipped them well!