PDA

View Full Version : How long does Table Service take?

Taminy
06-14-2010, 06:59 PM
I'm wondering about how long table service restaurants usually take from entry to exit. We are leaving in a couple of days and are trying to do a little bit of planning on either side of our ADRs. The ones I am most wondering about are our two EPCOT reservations at Coral Reef and at The Biergarten. If we have reservations around 7:00ish, what time should we anticipate finishing our meal and leaving the restaurant?

Tyson The Lab
06-14-2010, 07:04 PM
I always make sure to get a fast pass to something before any meal...or show..

Hair_Razor
06-14-2010, 07:08 PM
I would say that most TS restaurants are pretty efficient just like what you're used to at home when you go out to eat. I would say it shouldn't take more than an hour in and out unless you are slow eaters. ;)

faline
06-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Partially, it depends upon your eating style. We've seen many folks at table service restaurants who are in and out within an hour. How do I know this? We're the diners that tend to take our time with a meal. There are many times when we've witnessed adjacent tables turn over two times before we've completed our meal. For us, it's not uncommon for a table service meal to take at least two hours.

KAT1811
06-14-2010, 08:30 PM
I would say anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half depending on what you order and the efficiency of your server.

SBETigg
06-14-2010, 08:31 PM
At WDW, it's really not always about how you set your own pace and if you like a leisurely meal or not. Sometimes, not always, you're at the mercy of a long wait to be seated and a slow staff. We've had meals take an hour. We've had meals take three hours. Sometimes at the same restaurant, and usually through no pacing decisions of our own. For planning purposes, I would say that a safe average is an hour and a half to two hours. But sometimes, it doesn't work out that way.

faline
06-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Sometimes, not always, you're at the mercy of a long wait to be seated and a slow staff.

Good point, Sherri. I was only thinking of the time from when we are seated until when we complete our meal rather than also factoring in the time you may need to wait to be seated.

Remember, your advanced dining reservation is not a guarantee you will be seated by your reservation time but only that you will be seated at the next available table for a party of your size.

Pirate Granny
06-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Since you serve yourself (buffet) at Biergarten you may spend less time (we do); I would allow 2 hours for Coral Reef...you are going later in the day and if they fall behind in their ADR's you may have to wait...Once we waited 30 minutes for our table...and no, we did not request to sit along the windows to see the fish, nor did we get that seat...we were in the back against the wall...but both restaurants were great...
:pirate:

Taminy
06-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Thanks everyone! That was very helpful! :thumbsup:

Jared
06-15-2010, 08:35 AM
Sometimes, not always, you're at the mercy of a long wait to be seated and a slow staff.
Along these lines, I have found Coral Reef to have some of the longest waits for a table at Disney. I am always seated there at least 15-to-20 minutes after my reservation time.