PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of THE?

Frog
06-14-2010, 12:15 PM
The pronounce "Tay"? It is some kind of acting type conference held in Orlando (possibly at the Swan) for kids with casting directors from disney and nick etc invited to come participate. I am wondering if anyone has participated and/or can give me more info...

misspriss
06-15-2010, 12:46 PM
This company came to our hometown last March. My son went and "auditioned"for them and he received a call back. They wanted us to pay $4000 for him and I to attend a conference in Arizona. I was so excited and had intentions on signing him up that night. However, I did a little research and could not find much about "The". Also, the evening we were supposed to go in for the call back, our local news station did a report on this company that was not a positive report. We decided not to spend the money. There are other companies such as this one that are more well known, that actually have a website that is legit and that you can find positive feedback on. Just thought I'd let you know our experience. I was disappointed that the time my son does get a call back, it was for this company. Whatever you decide, I hope it works out!

Frog
06-16-2010, 01:45 PM
thanks misspriss for your input. we had a very similar experience. it seems as if they are a legit company, but we dont have any experience in this field so how can you be sure??? we never like to give any money to anyone on that short of notice, especially the amounts they were asking... and then we began to wonder, was the clinic they were selling including hotel, meals, and in this case time in the parks???? we wont be participating in this event this go around, but we would still like more input, if anyone has anything else to offer...