PDA

View Full Version : Wishes Dessert Party Questions

Guya103
06-13-2010, 05:32 PM
We were thinking about doing the Wishes Dessert Party during our trip in August. Is the dessert party on going at the end of August or only at certain times? For those of you that have done it, is it worth the money? Would you do it again? Thanks!:mickey:

Strmchsr
06-13-2010, 06:30 PM
I haven't heard of them booking it then, but I haven't checked lately. Last I heard it just went through May.

Was it worth it? That's hard to say. You have a great view of the fireworks and don't have to fight for a spot or wait in one place for a long time. And the food is great. However, it's not cheap. I'd say if you REALLY like Wishes, love dessert, and did not have a big TS meal that evening then, yes, it would be worth it. If you're on the DDP you'd probably be too stuffed to enjoy the dessert buffet to the fullest.

Guya103
06-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks for your quick response! I looked on the Disney World site and as of right now it is only to run through August 14th. Who knows, maybe we'll give it a try if it is going on! Thanks!:mickey:

Jeri Lynn
06-16-2010, 10:51 AM
I called today to see if they are booking past August yet and they are not. :(

KAT1811
06-16-2010, 04:01 PM
Where is the party held and how much is it? I know they are not booking (as of yet) for our vacation time but I am interested in the details. What did they have at the buffet for dessert? :thanks:

Strmchsr
06-16-2010, 04:49 PM
The cost is $21.99 for Guests ages 10 and over and $11.99 for Guests ages 3 - 9. You have to pay at the time of booking. It's also $25.99 for adults and $13.99 for children during "peak" periods.

As for what's on the buffet, a LOT. Chocolate Truffle, cupcakes, creme bruless, chocolate strawberries, iced brownies, cookies, cheese cake, tarts, fruit, and cannolis. I think there was more, but that's all I can remember. They also had water, milk, tea, raspberry lemonade and regular lemonade to drink.

You arrive 1 hour before Wishes starts and will have a table with your party's name on it (it's not self-seating). Then you eat away until the fireworks begin.

KAT1811
06-17-2010, 11:01 AM
:thanks:

Is the seating in those little alcoves lagoon side?

Strmchsr
06-17-2010, 02:39 PM
The seating is at the Tomorrowland Noodle Terrace. It's not the uncovered seats that are down on the path. If you are walking over the bridge from the castle to Tomorrowland and look directly to your right you'll see the seating area. It's a covered area that is slightly raised up.

Mary Poppins fan
06-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Oh man, now I want to do it... Let's hope they extend it past the 14th! :fingers:

Chic-a-pin
06-21-2010, 07:29 PM
We've done it twice, worth it both times! Yummy! We've just split something for lunch that day so we're nice and hungry to pig out on the desserts! We just had it last Saturday...gotta love that pistacho creme brule, oh and the HUGE chocolate covered strawberries, oh and the canollis oh and the etc, etc, etc sugary yumm-ness! :thedolls:

yjgirl32
06-21-2010, 09:00 PM
I would love for them to extend it till Oct- then I could schedule it for my dh's birthday.:fingers:

kakn7294
06-21-2010, 09:18 PM
I had it booked for August 14 but cancelled after a friend went a couple of weeks ago. She said the view for the fireworks is decent but the desserts were not impressive. The items that were supposed to be served warm / hot were cold and the items that were to be served cold were warm. The portions were really tiny and it was kind of overwhelming. At nearly $100 for my family of 4, I can think of better ways to spend my money.

Tinkerfreak
06-28-2010, 08:29 PM
It sounded really good and the dessert table looked yummy when we walked by and saw it but I just don't think we could eat that much dessert to make it worth the money.

IamBelle
06-29-2010, 11:01 AM
I had it booked for August 14 but cancelled after a friend went a couple of weeks ago. She said the view for the fireworks is decent but the desserts were not impressive. The items that were supposed to be served warm / hot were cold and the items that were to be served cold were warm. The portions were really tiny and it was kind of overwhelming. At nearly $100 for my family of 4, I can think of better ways to spend my money.

I have went twice and loved it!! As for the tiny portions, its a buffet, so you can go back and get more...we filled our plates with a lot of stuff! My favorites are the mango shooters, chocolate cheesecake cups, chocolate covered strawberries...it could go on for days! If you love dessert, I highly reccommend it. I also love how we dont have to stand on Main Street surrounded by people to watch the fireworks. You can also get a really good view of Tinkerbell as she flies from the castle. I think the dessert party should become a permanent event in the MK :mickey:

DisneyWhirled
06-30-2010, 10:24 AM

I agree with you & Kris! It was nice to do, but we were full already and it was very expensive for our family. (And it was HOT, so it's hard to keep the temperature of the food accurate outside).

Jeri Lynn
06-30-2010, 02:21 PM
I am hoping they extend the date for my October trip. Even if I am full and can't eat all the desserts offered, I don't mind paying knowing I'll have a great view of the fireworks!

Cinderelley
07-05-2010, 12:49 AM
How do they decide on the seating arrangements if it is pre-arranged?

Jeri Lynn
07-14-2010, 11:08 AM
FYI for those of you waiting...I just called Disney dining today and the Wishes Dessert Party dates still have not been extended past August 14th.

BigWes6
07-16-2010, 04:43 PM
We went in May and it was worth it for us !!! It was our Anniversary and when we got there we had a front row table and it was all decorated up with confetti ..very nice :number1: Do it you'll love it :party: And who doesn't love desserts !!!!!!!!!!!!

goofy_4_WDW
07-18-2010, 03:02 PM
They have extended the wishes dessert party through December if anyone is interested in booking

Mary Poppins fan
07-18-2010, 07:04 PM
They have extended the wishes dessert party through December if anyone is interested in booking

Yeah!!!!

Simba's Mom
07-19-2010, 10:34 PM
I would love for them to extend it till Oct- then I could schedule it for my dh's birthday.:fingers:

I know it'a noq going at least until October, I just booked it for October 9.