PDA

View Full Version : Tusker House for Lunch

snowwhite1970
06-13-2010, 04:17 PM
Has anyone eaten at the Tusker House in AK for lunch? What did you think? Thanks!

disneymom2000
06-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Whenever I do my day at AK, I have always eaten at the Tusker House for lunch except for my last trip when I decided to try the Flame Tree BBQ (which is also good BTW). The food is very good and I have never failed to find a seat. I liked it better when it was a quick service location vs it being a table seating now, but with the amount of food you get, I can understand why they changed it.

diz_girl
06-14-2010, 01:49 PM
We ate there for lunch during our Dec '08 trip and the food was very good. Our server, Connie, was wonderful too. I'd definitely recommend it.

Goofy Pluto
06-14-2010, 04:02 PM
Take this with a grain of salt because when we ate there it was right after they reopened after redoing Tusker House to a buffet in 2007 but I couldn't tell you more severly enough to STAY AWAY!

First, we had a reservation and 1/2 an hour after our time we still hadn't been seated. I went to ask what the hold up was and I think they realized they forgot to seat us. They immediately took us in and the place was half empty. There was no apology, no recognition that they messed up. So first there was that.

Second, the service was pretty lousy. Just very unattentive for the few people that were there.

Third, the food just wasn't our cup of tea. Lots of ethnic dishes, like different kinds of rice and what appeared to be cous cous... just not our thing. The desserts were very good. But overall we were not impressed with the food we had or the selection.

Now, again, as I said, this was a brand new restaurant at the time and maybe they were just getting their feet wet and maybe things have improved since then but it left such a bad impression on us I would never go back.

PETE FROM NYC
06-14-2010, 04:27 PM
We did a lunch there last September.
We were supposed to do breakfast there that day, but we got side tracked by going to a DVC presentation instead.
When DVC returned us to AK, we were successful getting a walk up lunch.
Now, the food was a bit too exotic and alien for my taste buds. We found some stuff to eat but we will not go back there again except for breakfast.

Fastpasssteve
06-14-2010, 05:00 PM
I've had nothing but good experiences there my last few trips. The friends I travelled with concur.

Pirate Granny
06-14-2010, 10:25 PM
IF you book a lunch reservation between 1pm and 1:30 you will get a pass to by-pass the lines and a special entrance and seating (and Yes, unlike fantasmic Nemo still reserves the seats). Granted it's the 3:30pm Nemo show, but I look at it as a bonus...meal and a free fast pass...and the lines in the afternoon are pretty long and hot...so going around the back and walking right in along with a good lunch is great.
:pirate:

Jared
06-15-2010, 08:32 AM
The biggest problem with Tusker House is that it inevitably and unfairly draws comparisons to Boma, its cooler and sexier older brother. I view Tusker House as "Boma-lite," and it fills that role perfectly. The Animal Kingdom park does not have much good food, and Tusker House is absolutely one of the best options.