PDA

View Full Version : All Star Music

Minniemo
06-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Going to a value for the first time. :mickey: Based on what I've read, POP seems to be a popular value. I couldn't get ressies for the dates I wanted and will be going to ASMu (2 connecting rooms). Any advice - suggestions - bldg requests - comments from those of you who have stayed there are appreciated. Mom of three travelling with 2 DD (18 and 15), DS (11) and DD's friend (16). Thanks! :thumbsup: Can't wait to go!

Tinker Fan
06-13-2010, 01:26 PM
We have stayed at ASMu many times, it is our favorite value resort. We always stay in the Calypso building and are close to everything. I love the fun they have arounf the pool during the day and the movie at the pool in the evening.:magic:

wdwvacationeer
06-13-2010, 03:28 PM
We have stayed at ASMU and really liked it. It is my youngest DD's favorite resort! The rooms have been refurbished fairly recently and the entire resort is very Disney-ish. One of the things that makes this resort my daughter's favorite is that there is a pool party by the main pool in the afternoons and a movie at night- extra fun in addition to everything else that is going on in Disney!

dmallan
06-13-2010, 05:00 PM
We stayed in connecting rooms at ASMu in '08 with our three adult children. It worked out great. 2 DDs were in one room, DH and I with our DS in the other. The two bathrooms were a necessity for getting ready in the mornings!
We ate at the foodcourt several times and eveything was delish!
We requested Jazz, but ended up in the Rock building, which was fine - Not too far of a walk to the main building.
We enjoyed walking over to Movies and Sports once or twice to look at their theming and take some pictures.
We had a great time! For the price, especially if you require two rooms, you just can't beat it.

KAT1811
06-14-2010, 11:04 AM
To be honest we much prefer ASMu and ASMo to POP. We spent two weeks at ASMo a few years back and loved it. We stayed one night at POP at the start of our last trip and didn't care for it at all. To be honest I would only go back if it were the only value avaliable and we had to stay value. All of the buildings are nice IMHO With kids those ages I bet you'll spend most of your time in the parks! Have a fabulous trip!!!

mickeyman42
06-14-2010, 11:25 AM
we love ASMu! We had stayed in the jazz and broadway sections. jazz was nice, close to the main building w/o paying for preferred rooms. according to the map, broadway is a fair walk, however, being a value resort we were able to walk past the back of the jazz section and through the middle of the building so it was just as close as the jazz section except for maybe 30 seconds of extra walking