PDA

View Full Version : Pass for disabled

Tinkerbellaella
06-12-2010, 11:36 AM
Does Disney give a pass for disabled to use a different line? My daughter just broke her foot and we have a Disney trip planned. She cannot put any weight on her foot and we plan on using a wheelchair because crutches will be too much plus dangerous with the crowd.

NotaGeek
06-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Yes, you can check in at Guest Services on Main Street and they will give you a pass ... just an FYI lots of Disney rides aren't accessible and the wait for wheel chair access can take a bit of time. DCA is fully accessible so that park will be a breeze! Have fun!

Tinkerbellaella
06-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Will the big purple cast on her leg be proof enough or do we need a Doctor's note? She can get out of the wheelchair she just won't be able to stand in a long line since she can not put any weight on it.

NotaGeek
06-12-2010, 12:33 PM
I think the cast will be enough ... and since she will be in a wheel chair that is probably all that you need. The passes are normally for people that have disabilities that aren't readily noticeable.

Tinkerbellaella
06-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Since the reason is visible do we still need to get a pass at guest services?

Disney4us2
06-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Since the reason is visible do we still need to get a pass at guest services?

I would suggest getting one to be on the safe side. You can get it stamped for no stairs, etc.

Most of the attractions are wheelchair accessable, there shouldn't be a problem. I use a rollator with a non visible condition. I still get the GAC every time I go. Some CM's will ask for it, even with a wheelchair or walker/rollator.

I sent you a pm with more details. Have a fun time:mickey: