PDA

View Full Version : Dinner Packages

Insanity Clause
06-12-2010, 11:23 AM
My husband and I are thinking of purchasing one of the Processional dinner packages for Christmastime and I was wondering if anyone else has done this and if it is worth it and when they would likely go on sale?

faline
06-12-2010, 12:26 PM
We did this but it was quite a while ago. When we did it, we were allowed to see the Processional first and have dinner after the show. I thought I had heard they no longer allow this and you must have your dinner before you attend the show.

Even with the guaranteed seating for the dinner show, the line for guaranted seating began just as the previous show was finished seating so we basically stood on line for the duration of the first show!

pokci
06-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Do it! Remember, the CP is free. As for dinner, I never think of it as a "package". you're simply paying for a meal with guaranteed seating at the CP afterwards. They no longer have you dine after, but you can do a late lunch and see the first or second CP that night. You will still need to wait in line but less than 45 minutes. The standby line often goes for two hours. As for "sale", I'm about to book the first week of December and will book so I have the seating, and then in September/October when the narrators are announced, I will simply call back and move that booking to a CP booking. Last year I did the first dinner seating at 3:40pm at Le Cellier for the second CP with John O'Hurley on his second night and an early dinner at Biergarten for Isabella Rosellini, second show, second night. Personally, I always recommend going the second night and the second show of that night. The first night the narrator is getting kinks and nerves worked out, the second night, the first show is still new and a little less relaxed. The second show is when the narrator is at his/her best. The last night is either emotional if the narrator liked the experience, or just so-so since it's the 7th, 8th or 9th appearance. I doubt Dennis Franz will be back, but if he is, skip it. It's not his element.

Enjoy!!:mickey: